Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, January 25, 2021

Scrappy Valentine Frenzy Part 2

I had expected to need nearly 10 more cards, but when all was said & done, I found I only needed two - so quickly made them using more scraps.

This first one uses a gorgeous layered bear I received in a swap.  The card front was embossed using a Darice folder called Heart Background.  I added a strip of red for a border - then some washi tape & a piece of ribbon.

Inside:

The inside was why I added washi tape.  I put it both on the inside & on the back of the card - to hide a split in the card stock from when I embossed the card front.  Another bear from the same set - this one a single layer decorates the inside.  The sentiments are from 2 Fiskars sets: Lasting Love Quotes and Just Married Quotes.

Card #2:

This card front feels pretty plain.  I may sprinkle a few small white hearts on the border or something, but for now, this is what I have.  I embossed a piece of light green paper using the same embossing folder as I did for the last card.  The light green heart says "Love Inside" (which you'll see is literally true for this card) was a sticker from my stash - matted on a dark green heart (Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Hearts) and then a heart-shaped doily.  All paper was scrap.

Inside:

The inside focal was another that I got in a swap in 2010.  It had small gems on it, but I didn't want the bulk so removed them and put Jewel Dazzles there instead.  I also removed the high foam pads under the word "love" and replaced them with much thinner ones.  That gave me a lovely focal to decorate the green border strip.

No comments: