Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, July 26, 2020

Honeysuckle ACK - Part 9!


I actually started working on this Honeysuckle Artful Card Kit a couple of years ago.  I first made a bunch of cards as a part of a One Sheet Wonder set (see here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).  Then I made a couple of thank you cards (Honeysuckle Thank You).  So, I already had 9 cards made from this kit and decided it was time to finish it up!  I thought it wouldn't take long, but so far I have 6 more cards and more to go!  

Card #1 (above):  This first card is an A2 size - made from black card stock & embossed with a HOTP embossing folder called Lacy Border.  I used the same embossing folder with a piece of the patterned paper & cut it to fit.  The focal was fussy cut from the cover sheet from the set and then layered on black (die cut with a Spellbinder's die - Ironworks Motifs) and red glimmer paper (cut with Spellbinder's Splendid Circles - which I trimmed of it's outer ring).  The flowers & fussy cut label come from the kit.

Inside:

Inside are more paper pieces and elements from the kit.  The sentiments were stamped & embossed with stamps from JustRite's Because I Care stamp set. 

Card#2:

More elements from the kit combine with black card to create this card front - tag in upper left corner was stamped with a stamp from JustRite's Friends Antique Labels One.  The other label was stamped with a stamp from Paper Discovery's Timeless.

Inside:

Inside are more papers from the kit, along with some from my stash.

Card #3:

For this card, most things were from the kit, but I DID add some other papers from my stash.  I also didn't like the colors of the big label - so I cut out the inside & backed it with gray patterned paper from my stash.  I hand printed the word "Feel" to the little tag.

Inside:

Inside are more papers - and a small tag from the kit - which I stamped & heat embossed with a stamp from HOTP's Heartfelt Greetings

Card #4:

For this card I started with a background of patterned paper from the kit - along with black paper and white ribbon from my stash.  The focal is from the kit - with a couple JustRite stamps from For All You Do Vintage Labels Three.  The stamp on the smaller label is from Divinity Design's Thanks For Everything

Inside:

Inside are more papers (red & black from my stash) and a tag from the kit - stamped and heat embossed with a stamp from JustRite's Antique Autumn Tags One.

Card #5:

The card front is put together using elements from the kit.  The focal greeting is matted using a die from the Twisted Metal Tags and Accents set from Spellbinders and trimmed with scissors.  I highlighted the bees using Smooch ink.

Inside:

Inside are additional elements from the kit.

Card #6:

Black card stock forms the base for this card.  The papers are from my stash.  The red is embossed using Darice's 5x7 Damask embossing folder & then inked with black soot ink (Distress Ink).  The black ribbon is from my stash.  The focal tag is from the kit - with a butterfly from my stash.  This is matted with a black mat (die cut with Spellbinder's Ironworks Accents) and a red mat (cut in in pieces with center removed (die cut with Spellbinder's Radiant Rectangles).  The greeting tag & flower are from the kit, but I added a red rhinestone from my stash.

Inside:
The papers inside are from my stash, but the die cuts are from the kit (with a red rhinestone from my stash added to the center flower).  The top sentiment was hand-printed.  The lower sentiment is stamped using a stamp from HOTP's Botanical Frames.

No comments: