Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, August 29, 2017

OSW3 #1 - Triple Easel Card


This is the first in my 3rd set of OSW cards.  In addition to pieces from the OSW template using that one sheet of busy patterned paper (shown in this post), I used additional items from that same Artful Card Kit (Honeysuckle ACK from HOTP).  

I started with a card base that was 5"x 6 1/2" when folded.  Then I scored and folded the front in half horizontally and folded it as a mountain fold - like I would for a basic easel card.   

Next, I measured 1 3/8" from each side of this folded card front, drawing vertical lines on the whole of the horizontal card front.  Then I cut along these lines, so my card base looked like this:  


I used the 3 pieces of patterned paper from my OSW (marked #1 on the OSW3 template) as the inspiration & start of my design. 

CARD FRONT:

  • Sides - I cut 2 pieces of black card stock that were 1 1/4" x 5".  To each, I glued one of the smaller patterned paper pieces to the bottom part of this black card stock, allowing for a small margin on all sides.  I glued a smaller pieces of pink paper (1" x 1 5/8" - from the ACK) at the top of each of these black strips.  Deciding a bit of black between the two patterns would look best, I cut a narrow strip of black paper and glued in place between them.  Finally, I glued these black strips to the bottom half of the side fronts, leaving a small bit of white border on the side edges.
  • Center - Once again I cut a piece of black card stock - this time 3 1/2" x 5" and glued my remaining piece of patterned paper the same as for the sides.  This time, however, instead of adding pink patterned paper, I added a die cut tag from the kit, and cut the black card stock away where it was showing above the die cut.
INSIDE:

  • Border - I decided to create a bit of a border using more of the pink paper matted in black.
  • Side Easel Stops - To hold the easel pieces in place when opened, like at the top of this blog entry, I added 3 pieces that were adhered with foam tape.  Two were small pink flowers - die cuts from the ACK.  These hold the side pieces and you'll see that they are farther forward than the center one.
  • Center Easel Stop - This started as a blank tag from the kit - that I stamped with portions of two stamps to get the sentiment that I wanted.  One came from a HOTP set called "Heartfelt Greetings".  The other was from a set called "Sending My Love" from Our Daily Bread.  After cutting it out and stamping it, I thinly matted it on black card stock (so it would be sturdy enough to form my easel stop) before adding it to the card with foam tape.

No comments: