Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, August 14, 2017

Scrappy Wonder


Well, even after doing TWO one sheet wonders, I found I still needed more cards!  I had some leftover embossed elements I had made in blue & black and wanted to find something to go with them.  Turning to my scrap drawer, I found this scrap that went nicely with them.  It was then that I had my "Ah ha!" moment.

I HATE throwing away pretty paper, so I have several drawers of scraps organized by color.  Though I use them occasionally, I've mostly just been accumulating a bunch of scraps.  But NOW I know how to use them up and feel really good about it!

Basically, for the One Sheet Wonders, I've been taking a full sheet of 12" x 12" paper & cutting it into little pieces before figuring out how to use those pieces on a card.  I could do the same with my scraps - just cut them into pieces and see what I can make with them!!!!   

The next picture shows approximately how I cut this scrap of paper.  


The last picture shows the two cards I made using these pieces of scrap.  3 pieces went on the front of these cards, the other two went inside them.


No comments: