Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, August 3, 2017

Second OSW - Card #1


This is the first card in my 2nd "one sheet wonder" set.  In general for this set of cards, in addition to 1 12" x 12" sheet of an older HOTP gold and black patterned paper I used:
  • Variety of colored card bases and/or card stock to make them (from my stash)
  • Black paper and card stock from my stash – used for matting as well as a base for the heat embossing
  • Gold embossing powder & Versamark ink for heat embossing
  • Misc embellishments from my stash
If you look at the template on this page, you'll see that the pieces labeled #1 are the ones that were used for this card.

CARD FRONT:
  • Background: As you can see, I started with a purple card base that I purchased somewhere.  I took my triangle piece & attached a piece of purple ribbon approximately 1/8th of an inch from the longest edge.  and attached it to the lower right corner of the card.
  • Focal: I started with a piece of black paper & heat embossed the stamped image using gold embossing powder.  The stamp is from the "Artful Affirmations" set of stamps (HOTP).  Then I matted this multiple times - in purple, then black, then gold - before adding to the card with dimensional tape. 
  • Finishing: I added purple Jewel Dazzles - 3 in the bottom right corner & one in the upper left corner of the focal.

INSIDE:


  • Background: The card base was pretty dark, so I cut a rectangle of lavender paper a bit smaller than the card base and attached it as you can see.  This will make it easier for my recipient to read the message I write. 
  • Focal:  This time I used the patterned paper behind the stamped/embossed sentiment as a semi-mat (this stamp is also from Artful Affirmations). 

No comments: