Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, July 25, 2020

Sugar Plum Foil ACK - Part 1


Yesterday I started working on another ACK (Artful Card Kit) called Sugar Plum Foil.  I'm finding it to be a real challenge because, though I like the purples and foiling in the kit, I don't care for the other colors nearly as much.  At any rate, here are the first two cards I've made from this kit.  This first card (above) is 9" x 4" - made to fit in a business sized envelope.  All elements on the front of the card are from the kit, but the background oval was cut from the center of a die cut from the kit using Spellbinder's Petite Scalloped Oval Large.  The remaining outer frame of that die cut was saved for another card.

Inside:

On the inside, I used more of the patterned paper, cut a border from the striped paper included in the kit, and then stamped a greeting (Christmas Cheer stamp set from HOTP).

Card #2:

For this card, I focused on the purple & silver.  I used paper from the kit for the background, but matted it with purple card stock from my stash.  I also cut the words "WE" and "YOU" from the same purple card stock.  I also added a sheer purple ribbon from my stash.  Everything else is from the kit.  The purple swirly element at the bottom came with a red checked heart in the center.  I covered this with another heart from the set (raised on foam tape for added interest) so I could keep to the purple theme.

Inside:

For the inside, I started with the dotted paper from the kit and added a panel of the purple card stock before adding a center section of the dotted paper so I have a place to write my message.  I die cut an "A" from the purple card stock and stamped "Merry Christmas" (Christmas Art stamp set by HOTP).  The "A" is layered on a silver heart from the kit & the silver swirls also came from the kit.

No comments: