Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Honeysuckle Thank You


Some time ago I made several cards using elements from an Artful Card Kit called Honeysuckle (HOTP). To my mind, the focus was the bees & they were all gone so I had sort of abandoned this kit until I needed to make some masculine thank you cards yesterday and this kit called out to me again.  I made two more cards from this kit (still plenty of elements for more).  Here's my materials list:
  • "Honeysuckle" Artful Card Kit (HOTP)
  • "Antique Autumn Tags One" stamp (JustRite)
  • "Assorted Greetings" stamp (Stampendous)
  • "For All You Do" stamp (JustRite)
  • "Your Special Day" stamp (JustRite)
  • Butterfly stickers from my stash
  • Clear Embossing Powder
  • Onyx Black Versafine inkpad
  • Foam squares
  • ATG
 As you can probably tell from the picture above, my first card was a center step card.  (For instructions on how to make this type of card, check out my menu page "card bases from card blanks" and look under "Step Cards" to find "Center Step Cards".)   I covered the center portion with a patterned paper from the kit, and used the black dotted paper for the sides - including the sides of the front.  I added a remnant red border from the kit (I'd used the rest elsewhere) to sort of frame the bottom of the card.  The focal is a die cut from the kit.  I stamped the sentiment (from "assorted greetings") with black ink & heat embossed with clear embossing powder to be sure it didn't smear on the glossy surface.  Then I simply added it to the card front with foam squares for added dimension.




This next picture shows the inside of the card.  I used more of the black dotted paper to create borders & added a couple of die cuts from the kit for interest.  The sentiment was stamped ("For All You Do") onto a piece of artwork from the kit, cut out, and glued in place.

The second card is a standard horizontal card.  I started by covering the card front with some grey patterned paper from the kit (it's actually a border paper, but I didn't use the border part!).  The border you see here is one of the die cuts - as is the bunch of leaves.  The focal is a die cut from the set that is actually in 2 pieces.  On the gray honeycomb piece I stamped a sentiment ("Antique Autumn Tags One") and heat embossed with clear powder to keep it from smearing.  I glued the frame directly to the paper and added the gray sentiment piece on foam tape.  The butterfly was a sticker I had in my stash.  I attached it to a piece of white card stock, fussy cut around it, folded the wings up, and attached it by gluing JUST the body section in the center.
 
The inside of the card is pretty straight forward.  I made a border by cutting a piece of patterned paper & adding the rest of the honeysuckle border die cut (leftover from the front of the card).  The butterfly was another sticker, added the same way as I did on the card front.  I stamped ("Your Special Day") a die cut tag (from the kit), heat embossed the stamped sentiment, & added additional words with a black Pitt pen.

No comments: