Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, January 12, 2024

HD Woodland Wonder - A Walk in the Countryside


Today I have a set of cards made from Hunkydory's Woodland Wonder card kit - the set called A Walk in the Countryside.  This is the second of these sets that I've purchased.  Several years ago I made up the cards from the first set, and it can be sort of fun to compare.  In some ways I think I like the first ones I made better than these!  At any rate, those can be seen here and here.  And you'll see the nine cards I made with this set in this post.  First, however, let's take a quick look at materials used.  It started with the basic deco set: 

The basic set consists of a printed AS (adoreable scoreable card stock sheet), a sheet of die cuts, and a half sheet of die cuts that contains the main image.  In addition, I had two additional sheets, purchased separately, that coordinate with the set - one is a double sided paper, and one is designed as an insert sheet for inside the card:

And here's a quick picture of the nine cards I made:

I made them in a variety of sizes.  There are three slimline cards, three 5 x 7 cards, two A2 cards, and a 4 x 6 card.  Below is a closer look at each.

Card #1:

Because this is a style that the British call "decoupage", it is designed for you to layer the die cuts on top of each other - perhaps separated by foam tape - to add dimension to your card.  If you do this, you easily end up with a card front that is an inch thick in some places.  Not only is this pretty difficult to mail, it seems wasteful to me, since you would get maybe two cards from the set - the "deco" one, and one cut from the AS.  So, I actively look to see what I can do to make the smaller pieces also serve as card focals.  

This first card is a case in point.  The die cut piece here was just a pile of rocks with a dog on it.  I cut a piece of the "insert" paper to serve as a background, inked the edges, then added a border made from a scrap strip of paper with cut out greetings (Debbi Moore freebie) and some circles of paper to decorate the rest. Since I was creating this card to meet a color challenge - light blue, red, taupe - I added blue ink to the sky.

Inside:

More of the rocky die cuts form a hint of a scene on the inside, where I've stamped a message - CCC's (Crafter's Companion Compendium's) Celebrate page of stamps.

Card #2:

I decided to do something similar with this 2nd card - insert paper with inked edges and dog on a bit more of a rocky outcropping.  The greeting is another from Debbi Moore, but stood alone without need of a border strip.

Inside:

Inside is also similar - more rock die cuts for a lower border, and a stamped greeting - this time from CCC's Birthday-Female.

Card #3:

The previous two cards were A2 size - this one fit better on a 4 x 6 card.  The die cut piece is much bigger, though I again backed it with inked insert paper to give a bit of sky to the scene.

Inside:

As you can probably figure out, I took another piece of the insert paper, inked the edges, and glued it to the inside of the card.  To stamp the sentiment, I used a stamp from CCC's Thinking of You.

Card #4:

Next up are the 5 x 7 sized cards.  For this one, I took a piece of the AS and used it for the background.  I cut another piece of it for a border at the top, and added one of the die cuts for the focal.  The sentiment was pieced from some pieces I found in my stash.

Inside:

The border strip came from the double sided paper, and the sentiment was again from CCC's Birthday-Female.

Card #5:

For this card, I found some tan colored patterned paper in my stash, inked it, and used it for a background paper.  I added the main die cut piece and a die cut sentiment piece that was also in the set.

Inside:

Inside is another piece of the inked tan paper (actually cut from the inside of the piece on the front) that has been stamped with a CCC stamp from the Thank You sheet.

Card #6:

This one simply uses a piece of the double sided patterned paper - with inked edges, and a matted sentiment (fussy cut from a Debbi Moore download).

Inside:

The plaid is the back side of the double sided paper.  As you can see, I inked the edges and added a few small die cuts.  The sentiment is from CCC's With Sympathy sheet of stamps.

Card #7:

Here the card front was cut from the AS & matted with a brown glimmer paper.  To this, I added a border strip from the set - and then balloon stickers, and party confetti to make it stand out as a birthday card.

Inside:

A strip from the insert page combined with scraps of the brown glimmer paper form borders top & bottom.  A balloon sticker and dog head die cut, along with a stamped  message (CCC's Birthday-Female) completes the inside.

Card #8:

This card was a "piece together leftovers" card.  The border is cobbled together from bits of two of the borders in the set - and some scraps of gold.  The background is a bit of the double sided paper (of which I inked the edges) - with small die cuts of dogs.  And the sentiment is from the kit.

Inside:

Again, the borders are from the insert page, and the sentiment stamped using CCC's Birthday-Female.

Card #9:

Here, the last piece of AS is matted on brown glimmer paper, and a cut out from a Debbi Moore download forms the sentiment.

Inside:

Borders are again made from scraps - double sided paper and the brown glimmer paper.  The greeting is again from CCC's stamp sheet called Birthday-Female.

No comments: