Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, January 4, 2024

HD Woodland Wonder - Stunning Stag


Today I have NINE cards.  All are from the Hunkydory card making kit called Woodland Wonder - the set called Stunning Stag (along with materials from my stash).  Actually, as you can see from the picture below, the set itself was not actually complete - I had used a few of the die cut pieces sometime in the past.


In addition, I had a couple of sheets from the coordinating Papers and Inserts pack that went with the set.  Here is a picture of the 9 cards.

You can see a close up of each in the pictures below.

Card #1:

I ended up with lots of background paper and card stock left in the kit after I had used all the die cuts that came with it.  So, I raided my stash to find other things to use.  Here, after inking the edges of the background and gluing it in place, I added a picture of a squirrel that was cut from a magazine, and several flowers from my stash. The border uses a scrap from my stash, and the card front is finished using a stamped/die cut sentiment that I got from my Mom.

Inside:

Since I wasn't really sure what occasion I would end up using this card for, I left in blank inside except for a couple of border strips (with inked edges).

Card #2:

Here's another where I just had background paper.  Looking through my stash, I found this page from a whopper topper pad called Birds of the World.  I used a scrap from my stash for the background of the border, and I inked the edges of the background.  Everything else came from the whopper topper pad.

Inside:

A couple more die cuts from the whopper topper sheet create the border on the inside:

Card #3:

As you can see, I decided to shape this card to reflect the shape of the focal - and emboss the card front.  After inking the edges of the card and using ink to highlight the embossing, I added a sentiment on foam tape.  Note that it continues the theme of the notched corners.

Inside:

As you can see, I added a border strip to the bottom of the card and added a stamped sentiment on the inside - Crafter's Companion Compendium - stamp sheet called Thinking of You.

Card #4:

For this card front I chopped my AS (Adoreable Scoreable printed card stock) into several pieces and glued them together to form this shape.  I used thin border Dazzles from HOTP to pretty it up a bit - and some words from a Scrapbooking Dazzles set for the sentiment.

Inside:

The inside of the card simply has a muted form of the picture on the front (from the "inserts" paper).

Card #5:

This card again only had background paper left from the set.  This time I found several scraps in my stash to create a card based on a card sketch posted on a bulletin board that I follow.  The focal picture is from a calendar.  The sentiment is from my stash.

Inside:


Once again, since I didn't know what I would use the card for, I simply added a strip of paper from the set - inked as you can see - to form a border, and left the rest blank.

Card #6:

This one is rather different than many, but I wanted a thank you card for a BIL and decided to use this die cut on a 4 x 6 card base made from a cream marbled card stock. Because the lower corners were shaped to fit the focal on the 3rd card, I used leftover rock die cuts to fill in those spaces. The stamped sentiments were made using JustRite stamps from the set called You are the Best.

Inside:

As you can see, I cobbled together a few left over pieces of stone to form a corner treatment - then stamped my message.   Stamp from Crafter's Companion Compendium - page called Thank You.

Card #7:


I loved this bold scene from the extra papers that coordinate with the set.  It really needed nothing else - just a sentiment border strip.

Inside:

A narrow strip cut from the focal on the front forms a border on the inside.  The stamped message is another from Crafter's Companion Compendium - this time the sheet called Birthday - Female.

Card #8:

This corner required that I not only fill in the lower corners, but the space on the sides, too, since the original die cut wasn't as wide as I wished.  The border was created with some of the paper and a die cut border - along with a die cut sentiment.  Both die cuts came from the set.

Inside:

There's not much to the inside of this card.  Again, I did not stamp a sentiment, choosing instead to leave it blank for now.  As you can see, I did use various scraps to create a border.

Card #9:

This final card uses most of the rest of that background paper.  The focal is from a Hunkydory Book of Toppers called Midnight Garden.  The images are printed on Mirri card stock and are SO beautiful!  The sentiment was from my stash.  Given the black in the focal, I chose to mat the background paper on black Mirri card stock from Hunkydory.  It has such a lovely shine that matches that on the focal.

Inside:

A few scraps complete the inside of this last card - leaving space for a message when I know who will receive this card.

No comments: