Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, January 11, 2024

HD Meadow Farm - A Cozy Catnap

 

Today I have a set of six cards.  All of them started with a card kit from Hunkydory called Meadow Farm.  The set is called A Cozy Catnap.  Here's what the set looked like originally:

There was a sheet of AS (Adoreable Scoreable printed card stock) and 1 1/2 sheets of die cuts.  Here are 5 of the 6 cards I made (the 6th one is definitely "different" and it is the last of this post): 


Before we get to card #6, we'll look at close ups of the other 5 cards.  Inside greetings are stamped mostly from Crafter's Companion Compendium's (CCC's) set of stamps.

Card #1:

This card was pretty quick & easy - a piece of the AS  forms the card front - with a few little additions on foam tape.  The sentiment is one of Mom's stamp & die cut ones.

Inside:

Here I simply have a scrap of the AS with a couple leftover die cuts on top of it.

Card #2:

This one is a shaped card.  I created the card base by die cutting (Spellbinders Grand Labels Four) a folded 5 x 7 card with the top of the cutting die off the top of the fold a bit so a portion of the fold remained intact.  (You can see that better from the inside.)  Then I die cut another piece to serve as the card front and glued it in place after inking the edges with gold ink.  This ensured the top of the shape looked normal from the front.  To this, I added one of the die cuts and a greeting I found in one of Hunkydory's Little Book of Essential Greetings.  It and the little mouse were added with foam tape.

Inside:

In addition to the stamped greeting (stamp from CCC's With Sympathy page of stamps), I added narrow gold border with another of the die cuts "hanging over" it.

Card #3:

This card uses a printed background from a freebie digital print that I have.  I inked the edges & added the border & focal which were die cuts from the set.  The cat's head, blanket, and mouse, each have an additional piece which is raised on foam tape.  The greeting was die cut from Card Making Magic's Ultimate Words set of dies.

Inside:

I just had a tiny strip of the patterned paper left, so I inked it and used it as a border.  To this, I added a little piece of blanket that I had cut off one of the die cuts.  The stamp for the greeting is from CCC's Thank You page of stamps.

Card #4:

This card is similar to the last one.  It, again, has a printed digiprint for the background - again with the edges inked.  This time I die cut a mat for the focal (die from Spellbinders' Elegant Labels Four)  and used a Labels Four die to die cut the bottom of the die cut so it would match the shape of the mat (had the rest of the die cut pulled to the top of the die so it would cut).  

Inside:

Again I used inked scraps for border - but this time I had two.  The sentiment was from CCC's Thinking of You.

Card #5:

This time I made a slimline card.  Background was again from the AS.  The border was a die cut from the set, but I had to cut it apart with part on one side of the focal and part on the other to make it fit.  This time I added the focal with foam tape - along with the cat's paws, and a second piece of blanket with a duckling.  The sentiment was from the set - and again added with foam tape.

Inside:

Since I didn't have any AS left, I used a strip of navy card stock from my stash to create the border - and added another die cut piece to decorate it.  The sentiment was stamped using a stamp from CCC's Heartfelt.

Card #6:

This is an unusual card to say the least!  I had this piece of AS left over and Mom gave me a bunch of the little bits from her set, so I had these 2 mouse and a bunch of duck & duckling heads that I put to use making this card.  I printed the sentiment on a scrap of yellow patterned paper from my stash (an old HOTP paper).   

Inside:

The stamped sentiment is from CCC's Celebrate.  The cat is sitting on a scrap of AS.  The cat itself was stamped and die cut on scraps using stamps and dies from Stampendous Pop-Up Kitties set.  It's head is on a wobble spring, and the eyes were colored with Stickles and Liquid Pearls.

No comments: