Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, January 7, 2024

India Scrapbook Pages 16 & 17


I'm making headway on my India scrapbook.  This time I had only one sheet of patterned paper that I really wanted for this layout.  It's lovely paper - embossed & glittered.  I decided to cut it in half and use each half for the lower portion of my dual page layout.  I then added a plain almond colored card stock (also cut in half) to form the upper half of each page.  As you can see, I added a narrow strip of blue glittered card stock to form a bit of a border between the two.  Here's a closer look at each page:

Page #16:

I wanted to showcase the tigers on the right side of the layout, so on this side I used many of the other pictures.  I had printed all to be approximately 2" x 3", but wanted a bit more white space than I would get if I used them all at that size.  So, as you can see, I trimmed some down in size and added them in after arranging the others in an alternating grid pattern.  I printed the title, then inked around it after cutting it to size.  I then double matted it using a brownish tan print from my stash and the blue glittered card stock.

Page #17:

Since the tiger was my most important picture on this spread, I double matted it - narrow mat of brownish tan print and larger mat of blue glittered card stock.  I arranged the remainder of the photos without matting them.  I treated the journaling in the same way as the title - inked the edges, then double matted it.


No comments: