Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, January 16, 2024

HD LB of Kittens - Balloons!

Today I have six cards made from some pages from Hunkydory's Little Book of Kittens book. Here's a quick look at the pages I used:

In addition, I used some cutouts from the same Little Book:

Here's a picture of all six cards:

And now for a closer look at each.

Card #1:

For the first card, I simply trimmed the LB page to fit and glued it on the front of a 4" x 6" card base.  I added a cut out sentiment on foam tape, then added some Stickles to the balloon, butterfly, and eyes.

Card #2:

I cut a frame from a gray patterned paper, then inked the edges of my LB page and glued both in place so there was some white showing on either side of the frame.  Once again I added the cut-out sentiment with foam tape.

Card #3:

This time I double matted the LB page - first on orange, then a peach colored print with torn edge at the bottom.  I then glued the cutout of the cat with the balloons in place and added the remaining cutouts with foam tape.

Card #4:

This time I used the inside of the frame from card #2 to form a mat for my focal (which I cut down from a LB page.  Both sentiment pieces are added with foam tape.  The one at the top was fussy cut from a LB page, the one at the bottom was die cut from plain white card stock, watercolored with gray Inktense pencil & water brush, and then stamped with a sentiment from the Hunkydory stamp set called Perfect Pastimes

Card #5:

Again I used a gray mat, but all the cut out pieces were glued directly - no foam tape.  THEN, I took a sheet of clear glitter covered sticky backed adhesive sheet and covered the whole to give a sparkly look to the whole.

Card #6:

For this last card, I trimmed the LB page to fit an A2 card.  Then I glued the cat/balloons and flower in place, but foam taped the butterfly and sentiment.  I added a ribbon & brad below the sentiment and a jewel center for the flower (these last additions were to fit a challenge).

No comments: