Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Partial Embossing Revisited


These two cards are made in a very similar way to those made yesterday.  So I won't go through the whole technique here - just give an updated supply list.  So for the first one, seen above:
  • Stamps used: "Home for the Holidays" set (HOTP), set in a paper crafting magazine (Simply Cards & Papercraft Issue 195).  
  • Dazzles: "Ho Ho Ho", borders, jewels (HOTP).  
  • Inks: Salty Ocean Distress ink (Ranger) & darker blue shades from my stash.
  • Gel Pen: I think I may have previously forgotten to mention the white gel pen (Signo Uni-ball - best I've found for this by far) used to add snow/stars effect - in the sky & on the house/trees.  This time I used it to draw in the moon, too, since I forgot to mask it! 
  • Embossing Powder: fine black from my stash (used on the sentiment)
  • Scraps: turquoise card stock (sentiment), blue mylar (border)
  • Shimmer Spritz: I found I wanted just a touch of shimmer, so used the prepared partial embossing diffuser to mask the embossed area so I could spray just the focal circle.


For this second one:
  • Stamps used: "Home for the Holidays" & "Welcome Home" sets (HOTP), Woodland Critters (Heartfelt Creations), Stampscapes
  • Dazzles: borders, jewels
  • Inks: Salty Ocean Distress ink (Ranger) & darker blue shades from my stash.
  • Gel Pen: I think I may have previously forgotten to mention the white gel pen (Signo Uni-ball - best I've found for this by far) used to add snow/stars effect - in the sky & on the house/trees.  This time I used it to draw in the moon, too, since I forgot to mask it!
  • Scraps: black card stock from my stash
  • Ribbon: 1/4" black satin (for bow), 1/8" blue satin with silver edges, silver words on white satin - both from my stash (no idea where I got them) 
  • Shimmer Spritz

No comments: