Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, December 13, 2019

3D Tags


Now that Christmas cards are in the mail, I can get back to fun on the message board.  One of the challenges on the Paper Wishers Message board right now is to make a dimensional multi-media tag.  I don't have a lot of dimensional materials because so much of my card making has to go through the mail, but I remembered these materials I got in a swap - which included some wooden cut outs - and decided to use them for this.  All the elements on this tag are from the swap EXCEPT for the white card stock (tag base & "lace") and the bow - some sort of wired paper stuff from my stash (it's too thick to use on anything going through the mail).

I started by cutting a tag from white card stock using a Paper Artist die from the Tags & Trims set (HOTP).  I didn't have the kind of lace I wanted, so I faked it with die cuts (Spellbinder's Ironworks Accents).  

You can't really tell it very well in the picture, but there are a several dimensional elements on this card:
  1. First, the word "joy" is a wooden element - and I added to the dimension by adding Cosmic Shimmer's "Fluffy Stuff" to the top of them.  It was kind of fun to see how they bubbled & expanded when heat was applied!
  2. Then, the presents (fussy cut from the back side of one of the patterned papers) are flush to the card at the bottom - single layer of fairly thick foam tape in the center - and double layer of the foam tape at the top (so in real life they seem to be coming off the page. 
  3. Finally, as mentioned earlier, the bow is fairly dimensional.
Making that one was so much fun I made a couple more, using up must of the rest of the scraps from the materials swap:


In addition to materials from the swap and white card stock for the base, the tag on the left used a couple Spellbinders Edgeability dies (Classic Bracket & Classic Decorative Inserts Two), some red ribbon from my stash, and Cosmic Shimmer's Fluffy Stuff on the wooden word.  For the other tag I added Baker's Twine and used a Heartfelt Creations die (Delicate Border Basics) for the bottom of the tag.

No comments: