Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, December 1, 2019

Embossing Folder Stamping


Today's card was inspired by cards I'd seen using the Stampin' Up Woodland embossing folder.  I love the look of those birch trees, but I didn't have that folder & they are hard to come by now.  So, I looked through my stash for something I might use instead and came across this Tree Trunks embossing folder by Darice.  

The idea is that you brayer the raised areas of one side of the embossing folder (usually the side with the company name on it) - then stamp on it before embossing as usual.  The ink transfers to your card stock, and since the stamped images only stamped on the raised areas, it ends up looking like objects are behind the trees (see baby deer to the left of his parents in the pic). I learned a couple things:
  • I need a better brayer!!!!  This one doesn't roll well & doesn't transfer ink well.
  • Next time I might want to color the trees - or add the look of textured bark with a marker or something.
Despite the challenges, I DID like the way this came out.  I added a sheet of transparent glitter paper over the top which makes it look really sparkly & pretty.

Materials used:
  • Card stock: White for card & front panel, black for mat
  • Clear Glitter Sheet (Je Je)
  • Embossing folder: Tree Trunks (Darice)
  • Dazzles Stickers: Tiny Christmas Words (HOTP)
  • Stamps: Woodland Critters (Heartfelt Creations)

1 comment:

Becca Sadler said...

Love this card, Cheryl!!! Love all that glitter and sheen, just like sunlight glare coming off of a winter snow. Such a beautiful scene you've created on your card!