Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Use Up Printed Cards #2


Nearly a month ago I started on a Paper Wishers board challenge to use up pre-printed cards in my stash.  Then I got side-tracked with other things and am only now getting back to this challenge.  

Today's card started out looking like this:


I suddenly got to thinking that my diorama die might just fit - and it did!  I only had the tiniest sliver of card left after cutting it out.  

Card Base: I made the card base by using the diorama dies (Divinity Designs) with the rectangular opening.  I had to use plain white card stock for the cross pieces on the inside of the card, but that was fine.

Decorating: For the cake & sentiments, I used stickers from my stash - backed with white card stock & fussy cut.  Two of the presents were printed that I fussy cut.  One I stamped on a scrap of patterned paper & colored it with a marker before fussy cutting.  Then I found a few "streamers" in my stash & added them.

Back:  I don't show it, but the back of these cards have a manufacturer's mark that I needed to cover up so the card would look good.  I cut a piece of white cardstock & folded it to make a 3" x 3" card.  The square piece that had been cut out of the card front was just the right size to glue to the front of this mini card - which I then glued in place over manufacturer's markings.  This gives me a nice place to write a message to the recipient, and also adds some additional stability when  this card is standing up!



No comments: