Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, May 16, 2019

5 Quick & Easy


Today I have 5 quick cards - from the kit binder I mentioned yesterday.  I've been trying to use up scraps & thought  that these Hunkydory "Cute & Cuddly" whopper toppers would be just the thing to help me do so quickly. So - that's where the focals & sentiments came from.

For this first one I used 3 different scraps - yellow, red & turquoise.  I glued the yellow & turquoise together & ran the glued piece through my Grand Caliber using an embossing folder (Spellbinders "Cane Weave" 3D folder).  The red strip was a leftover piece from a Hunkydory sheet - but it only had the gold on one side.  Since I wanted it on both, I took another piece of the same scraps & glued to the other side to give me the gold border on both edges. 


This cute little kitty looked so good by herself, that I ended up doing NOTHING - not even embossing the card front.  The sentiment is cut from a coordinating border.


Next up is this cute little bear.  I needed to piece two of the orange scraps to fit the card - but was able to hide the join by adding the lighter orange strip.  Then I ran the whole thing through and embossing folder (this time it was "Swiss Dots" by Cuttlebug).

For this cute hedge hog, I took a piece of turquoise, glued brown glimmer paper to it at the top & then a stripe across near the bottom before running the whole thing through my machine to emboss it. (Spellbinders Mbossabilities "Elite")


This final one was a bit different.  This time I cut a frame using a Spellbinders 5X7 Card Creator's die (Enchanted Labels 28).  I DID have to snip the corners in one place to get the topper to slide in like this.

No comments: