Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, May 27, 2019

RHINOS!!!

Today I took a break from my "use it up" stash & pulled out my Hunkydory "Magnificent Rhino" set from their Wild at Heart Deco-Large kit (since there was a challenge on PaperWishers message board that called for Rhinos!).  Here are the 4 cards I made from my half of this set:

First is the one you see open above - a double display card for my Hubby for Father's Day.  Here's what it looks like when it is closed:


To make this card, I found a fairly sturdy cardstock in a DCWV 12 x 12 stack (called "Linen Closet").  I used dies from Divinity Designs to cut out this Double Display card.  I took one of the sentiments from the set & cut it into 4 pieces!  I used scraps to glue a gold edge where it was now missing.  Then I put them to the right & left above & below the picture.  The oval "Wild about you" sentiment was from another set in the same kit.  The sentiment in the lower right was from a little book of essential sentiments (Hunkydory 2016).  The borders down the sides were cut from scraps and then edged in gold with other scraps (some of them from other kits entirely - don't throw those scraps away!).  The belly band is attached at the back of the card with ribbon threaded through punched holes at the ends.  These were made by cutting apart a border greeting from the set.


Next up is a card made with the base picture from the kit & a couple of the sentiments that came with it. The background was cut just slightly smaller than the card base & then inked with dark brown ink.  An embossed piece of brown glimmer paper (African Weave by Cuttlebug) serves as a large mat for the sentiment.   The inside was finished in a similar way, using one of the layering pieces and a border piece for added interest.


The 3rd card from this set is the only one that actually has a few pieces layered on it.  It is a Diorama card (cut using dies from Divinity Designs).  This  first picture shows it flat for mailing:


It's not real easy to see the inside of the card as you only get one angle on it, but here's how it looks when "opened":


My 4th & final card from this set made use of the adorable scorable piece of card stock that came in the kit.  This is a birthday card, so I cut some scraps to form a large "H" for the front & added a baby rhino.  The card is actually made as a "Fold Back Gate Fold" - where the card meets in the middle like a gatefold, but the edges have actually been folded back to create the look:


A narrow piece of card stock with ribbon glued to it meets on the side & is tied in a bow.  This is embellished with a piece from the kit & serves as a removable belly band.

Opened the card looks like this:


The vertical borders were already there on the printed card stock.  The horizontal ones were from a single border cut in half (not sure if it was from this set or leftover from another set).  I trimmed the picture of mom & baby to fit, and added the sentiment piece.  I finished the edges of the card by drawing all around them & along the fold lines with a brown marker (brush end of Scroll & Brush).

No comments: