Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, May 9, 2019

Lavender & Yellow


Today's card started with a magazine that I have eagerly been awaiting.  I signed up for it way back in January - and yesterday my first issue finally came.  Anyway, It had a lovely set of stamps/dies/embossing folder that I look forward to playing with.  Before I got to that, however, I pulled out the free papers that were included in the magazine.  They were mostly Easter designs, and I don't make many Easter cards, so I was trying to decide what I would do with them.  After pulling them out of the magazine & starting to cut them apart, I realized the papers had been printed in such a way that if I didn't want to use the blatantly Easter papers, they had printed the other sides in pastels that weren't Easter themed.  Yay!

I started working on what I could do with them and found things in my stash that would go with all but this lavender & yellow.  I suddenly thought of a stamping swap I had participated in awhile back.  Looking through the options, I came across this lady that just begged to be colored in lavender & yellow.  I don't know who made the stamp, since it came in a swap & I lost the paper that said, but I think it was the perfect thing to set the card front off right.

CARD FRONT:
  • Background - I covered the card front with the patterned paper & then cut the corners with a corner rounder.
  • Focal - I colored the stamped image with watercolor pencils & a water brush.  I rounded the corners & drew a dark purple line around all edges with my watercolor pencil - then pulled the color toward the image with my water brush. Then I matted it on a yellow piece of card stock.  I discovered I really wanted to see more of the patterned paper, so cut a piece just smaller than the focal paper - so the dark purple edge would show all around it.  I used a scalloped oval die (Spellbinder's) to cut the aperture & glued it in place over the focal.  Then I went around the scalloped inner edge with my watercolor pencil.
  • Sentiment - from an old scrapbooking set in my stash
INSIDE:

  • Border background - bottom & top of the card I added patterned paper & a smaller piece of the yellow card stock (as you can see), rounding only the outer edges of the paper/cardstock.  
  • Sentiments -To the bottom border, I added a couple of sentiments I had from a Hunkydory Whopper Topper pad (Cute & Cuddly). Then I stamped a sentiment from a HOTP stamp set (Birthday Cheer). I finished it off with a little gold Smooch ink for the candle flames.
  • Embellishing - I finished the inside with a flower made using Heartfelt Creations Blazing Poppy Stamps & Dies (& their Floral Basics shaping mold) that was held together by a small yellow brad.  

No comments: