Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Shirts!


A long time ago I made some shirt cards (see here).  They were made this way.  While fun, I didn't like the way they were tapered on the inside instead of being a normal card size inside.  Not long ago, I came across another shirt video - an oldie re-run by Maymay Made It.   I really liked the way the collar was made, and the straight sides of the card, but didn't like the fact that they had no sleeves.  So, I did sort of a mash together of the two ways of making shirts and came up with these two shirts.

Shirt #1:

I made both basically the same way.  I made the collar and tie like the Maymay Made It video with the collar holding the flap of the shirt front closed.  To make the shirt, I took patterned papaer and folded the rest of it basically the way the other one did it. BUT, I started with a shorter piece of patterned paper (7 1/2" by 8 1/2" instead of 11" by 8 1/2").  Once the sleeves were folded, I just glued the piece to the card front below the collar and added the tie.  Then I decided I wanted a pocket, so cut one & matted it so it would be seen fairly clearly.

Shirt #2:

 
This second shirt was basically made the same way - different patterned paper, and I embossed the "tie" using Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots embossing folder.   
 
Now, I want to change it up and make it so I do the collar and tie in a similar way, but have the card open like a tent fold instead.  We'll see how that goes with the next one.

Card #3:

It worked!  I took a regular portrait oriented tent fold A2 card blank.  I cut in 1" on each side along the fold line - then did the same 1/2" from the fold line on each side.  On the back of the card blank I trimmed away the 2 pieces that were cut between the fold line and the 1/2 from it on the back.  I left the front in place.  I covered the neck piece as usual - but this time it was the top of the card front near the fold (place strip on the inside, so it wraps around as you see here.  I added a tie (you can't tell from the photo, but in real life, the tie is almost the identical color to the canoe in the shirt pattern).  I decided to forego the pocket because it would have been to hard to match it up right.

Card #4:

 
As you can see, my fourth card is quite different - and unfortunately, it's quite difficult to get a picture that shows the details.  It is a standard A2 card base with fold on the left side.  The main jacket, pocket, and tie are from black suede paper, the collar and lapels are from mirri (to simulate satin).  The shirt front, collar, front band, and buttons are from white glimmer paper (the buttons were embossed using a Darice embossing border from which I fussy cut the embossed buttons and added them).

All four of these cards will need greetings & such, but I'm going to put them aside until closer to Father's Day, so will go ahead and post them as is.

No comments: