Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, April 22, 2024

2024 April Swaps

I love the swaps we do on the message board I frequent.  First up is the materials swap.  It's theme is "bugs" - the bugs I used here & sent to my swap partner are dragonflies.  Here are the materials I sent:

I started with a Little Book (LB) page from Hunkydory's Little Book of Promises and a couple of cut outs from the same book.  To this, I added some dark blue glimmer paper and blue glittered card stock, some pink card stock, a pink holographic piece of paper, and a piece of ribbon - all from my stash.

My Card from My Materials:

The background is the pink card stock embossed with a Darice embossing folder called Damask. I matted it with blue glimmer paper & used strips of the blue glimmer paper for borders top and bottom. The largest mat for the focal was die cut from the glittered card stock using a Spellbinder's die called Grand Decorative Circles.  Unfortunately, the card stock tore as I tried to remove it from the cutting die.  Since I only had the one piece of card stock, I couldn't re-cut it, so I trimmed it out as best I could and used it anyway.  I used plain circle dies to cue the focal along with a narrow mat from the pink holographic paper.  The sentiment was also die cut from the holographic - Thinking of You and More by Spellbinders.  I added the cut out sentiment and dragonfly with foam tape, and ribbon bow to complete the card front.

Inside:

Inside I added fussy cut borders from the LB page.  The stamped message is from Crafter's Companion Compendium (CCC) from the page called With Love.

Materials Partner Sent: 

 
My Card from Partner's Materials:

 
As you can see, I made a center step card.  I used multiple mats - all of the center ones had the middle of them cut out where they wouldn't be seen - so they would stretch as far as possible (the back of the brown & rust colored card stock was the cream color you see elsewhere).  I decided all transparent elements would do best if they were backed with cream card stock (hence the need to save every scrap I could since the rules of the game are that I can add media, but not actual stuff from my stash).  I created a heat-foiled greeting (foil stamp and die from Spellbinders Birthday Unboxing Stamps & Dies).  After gluing the transparent images to the cream colored card stock and cutting them out, I glued the leaves to the front - then added the butterflies and foiled greeting with foam tape.  Last, I added a small bow made of twine.

Inside:

Some scraps for a border - and another butterfly - completed the inside with space for a private message.

An Extra:

I had leftover materials and didn't want to add to my scrap pile, so I decided to just use them up on another card.  Where the first one was a 5 x 7 size, this one is only A2.  Though the rust colored mat under the main focal plaid mat looks like a complete rectangle, it is not - it's leftover scrap from where elements from the previous card were cut out.  This time I did not back the leaves - just left them transparent since there was only one layer of them.  I added butterflies from my stash, more of the twine for a bow, and a Sassy's strip sentiment (added with foam tape).  Quick, easy, and any scraps were so tiny I had no trouble throwing them away!

Monthly Card Swap:

 
The theme for this month's swap was Chocolate.  It could be any type of card, but had to be chocolate.  This is the card I created.  I started with a cream colored A2 sized card.  I embossed a piece of brown glimmer paper that was just a tad smaller than the front of the card blank (used Sizzix folder called Diamonds).  The focal, gold frame, and sentiment were from a Hunkydory Pop-a-Topper set called Ladies Choice.  The rest was from my stash.  As you can see, I backed the frame with a red patterned paper, and created more mats for the focal to increase it's prominence.  Where needed, I used different sizes of circle punches to trim the corners of the card & mats.  I created a border using white card stock, gold tag board, and more red patterned paper.  The sentiment was added with foam tape.

Inside:

Inside I simply added more of the embossed glimmer paper for borders, and a stamped sentiment (Crafter's Companion Compendium stamp page called Love and Hugs).

No comments: