Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, April 11, 2024

Clearing My Table

Today I was rearranging things in my craft room and came across various materials on my table that had never made it into projects.  SO . . . here they are - in projects!

Card #1:


I started with a page from Hunkydory's Midnight Garden Book of Toppers.  These foxes are so cute!  I chose papers to go with them as follows:  Mat for foxes (striped paper from my stash), matted on gold poster board, matted on embossed (Darice Damask 5 x 7) black panel, matted on more gold poster board.  After all those layers were glued in place, I simply added foam tape to the back of the focal and put it in place.  I finished by adding a greeting from Hunkydory's Little Book of Essential Greetings, and a knotted piece of ribbon from my stash.

Card #2:


If you look closely, you'll see that the main part of this card is the "scrap" left over once the die cuts (including focal above) were removed.   I backed it with the floral paper, then colored a "Color Me" greeting for the focal (with dimensional tape).  After embossing the front of the card blank (Spellbinders 5.5 x 8.5 Scattered Fall) I glued the panel in place. Finally, I added Jewel Dazzles in a couple of the corners and called it good.

Card #3:

The background brick panel and leaves (A5 Box Kit from Card Making Magic), and the words (Spellbinders Half Slimline Bracket) were all die cuts I had cut for other projects and decided not to use.  They were just sitting on my desk and I wanted to get them used up.  You can see how I arranged them.  The pink & purple flowers are from my stash - finished off with a Jewel Dazzle center.  Not my favorite card, but something anyway.

Card #4:

I had been given 3 different washi tapes that spoke to woodland animals - along with some stamped animals to go with them.  They had been sitting on my table for some time and I finally decided to use them to create a background and see how it went from there.  This was the result.  The sentiment was another of Sassy's.

No comments: