Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, April 3, 2024

HD Perfect Days - Hedgehogs

Hunkydory's Perfect Days is the card kit from which this set of cards comes - the set is called simply Hedgehogs.  

This is what the set looked like before I started using it:

As you may be able to see, there was one an a half sheets of cut outs and one piece of AS (Adoreable Scoreable printed card stock).  To this I added pieces from my stash - ribbon, pink vellum, blue marbled paper, Thin Line Dazzles.

Here's a picture of the 6 cards I made from these materials:

Next up is a close up of each card.

Card #1:


I started by slicing the picture from the AS.  Then I sliced this and inserted a narrow scrap of leftover AS from another project - then covered it with green ribbon before gluing it to the front of the card blank.  I added a scrap of yellow print from the die cut scraps and a sentiment from the set.

Inside:

Inside, I created borders in a similar way to the one on the card front - then added a couple of small die cuts.  The sentiment was stamped with a Crafter's Companion Compendium (CCC) stamp from the sheet called Birthday Female.

Card #2:

This card used the base die cut.  I wanted the card to reflect the shape, so used a circle die to cut the top of it - putting the bottom of the cutting die behind the card so it didn't cut there.  It might have been better to just leave the cutting die in place on top and just align the top cutting pad to keep it from cutting the remainder (because it embossed the lower edge into the card itself).  At any rate, I did the  same thing to the yellow piece of the AS.  I glued the AS to the card front, then added the focal with foam tape.  The sentiment was a strip sentiment from Sassy's LLC - matted with a scrap of gold card stock.

Inside:

A narrow border from green glimmer paper is enhanced with the little hedgehogs die cut.

Card #3:

This time I took one of the die cuts and completed the scene by adding blue marble paper behind it to form sky.  I added a sentiment from the set at the top and die cut corners to form a bit of an arch.  Finally, I added a little die cut bird in the "sky" of the scene.

Inside:

I decorated the lower right corner with a scrap of green glimmer paper and a couple of die cuts.

Card #4:

Once again, I took the a die cut and added "sky" behind it.  Next I added Thin Line Dazzles around the scene before adding the border and sentiment.  The border was created with pink vellum wrapped around a strip of white card stock.  The sentiment (Sassy's LLC) was matted on a pink vellum mat backed with white card stock (both punched with a scalloped circle punch.

Inside:

Again, I created a border from green glimmer paper and completed it with a die cut from the set.

Card #5:

Another die cut with blue marble background sky is matted on black and then yellow checked AS.  The sentiment is another Sassy's LLC matted with a punched scalloped circle background (the same yellow checked AS).

Card #6:

This last is another die cut with blue marbled background.  This time I inked the edges in black and then matted it on yellow checked AS, black, paper, and then green and yellow plaid from my stash.  I made a border of AS, two border strips from the set.  The sentiment is a printed strip from Sassy's LLC - inked with green ink.

No comments: