Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, August 4, 2023

HD LB of Winter Time

Today I picked 4 pages from Hunkydory's Little Book of Winter Time to use for making cards.  Here are the 4 pages that I chose:

It's always an interesting challenge to see what I can make using LB pages - and some of these were DEFINITELY challenging!  Here's a picture of the 4 cards I made using them:

And now for a closer look at each:

Card #1:

Looking at this one, I saw immediately that I wanted to trim the left edge off.  I had thought to save it to use on the inside, but I LOST it!  Oh well.  Looking at the rest of it, I decided to cut it into 4 parts as you can see in the picture - each family group, and the tree etc on the right side.  I found a piece of coordinating blue paper, cut it just a bit smaller than the card front, and glued it in place.  Then I matted all 4 parts on white before adding them with very thin foam tape - EXCEPT that I did a bit more with the center people panel.  For it, I also added a gold mat & added it with thicker foam tape.  Then I added a sticker greeting (with foam tape on the left side so it would sit level) to complete the card front.

Inside:


Since I couldn't find the strip I had saved anywhere, I made a border using elements from the card front & adding some Dazzles stickers.  Then I stamped a greeting using a stamp from Crafter's Companion Compendium (CCC) Believe in the Magic set.

Card #2:

Next I had to decide how to use this unique pair of ducks!  Looking at them, I thought a red gingham pattern would set them off nicely.  After using a scrap of it to cut a frame, I matted that on a larger white frame (all cut with Spellbinders Matting Basics 5X7 dies).  I added the frame with foam tape - then added a matted greeting (Winter Wonderland Minis die set from Moonstone) - again with foam tape.  After adding a bow in the lower right corner I felt it needed something in the opposite corner - so I added a Dazzles poinsettia and leaves.

Inside:

A narrow strip of the gingham with another poinsettia and leaves decorate the inside.  The greeting was stamped with another stamp from CCC's Believe in the Magic.

Card #3:

Speaking of "unique"!  This Christmas sheep certainly is that!  The background is a green suede paper from my stash - lovely fuzzy stuff from HOTP.  The border & greeting also started with that green suede paper.  As you can see, I matted the border with white, then added some red jewel Dazzles stickers.  The greeting had snowflakes as a part of it - which I thought were kind of weird in green.  So, I die cut some more from white & glued on top - then added some tiny red jewel dazzles, so they are still pretty unusual for snowflakes! :)

Inside:

As you can see, I went pretty simple on the inside - simply a green stamped greeting - from CCC's Warmest Wishes this time.

Card #4:

Last, but not least, is this card that started with a picture of a church choir.  I trimmed it a bit, the cut it in 4 pieces; matting each individually with white, then the whole in gold.  I cut a blue frame that I used as a mat directly against the card front - then added the focal with foam tape.  The sentiment is die cut using Creative Expressions' Joy to the World die. I cut it twice, once from the blue, and once from the gold - the glued them with a slight offset to the white/gold double mat that I had prepared.

Inside:

I cut a smaller frame from the blue and used it for the inside of the card.  I stamped the greeting in blue (stamp was from a large "no brand name" set of stamps).  Since it had some hearts as a part of it, I thought the addition of small punched gold hearts would be nice to finish off this card.

No comments: