Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, July 30, 2023

More HD Little Book of Memorable Moments

Today I have 4 cards made from 4 pages out of Hunkydory's Little Book of Memorable Moments.  You can see the 4 pages I chose in the picture below:

And here's a pic of all 4 cards I made:


Card #1:

I wanted to put the focus on the two teddy bears, so I sliced the LB page so the trees would form borders of sorts.  I matted each on a piece of gold poster board from my stash, and then glued the two side pieces to the card base (made from brown card stock from my stash).  Before adding the focal pieces with foam tape, I tied twine around it.  I fussy cut a sentiment from the HD Decoupage book called Teddy Loves and matted it on a scrap of the same gold poster board.

Inside:

Inside I started with a rectangle of blue marbled paper to look a bit like sky. Then a tore a strip of green marbled paper to form grass and inked the top edge before gluing it in place.  I added a couple of lady bug stickers to mimic the ladybugs on the card front, then fussy cut a couple of teddy bear stickers from my stash (that were so old the glue had dried up) and added them to the scene.  Finally, I added a couple of stamped sentiments - the first from HOTP Stamp & Punch set, the 2nd from CCC's (Crafter's Companion Compendium) page called With Love.

Card #2:

For this one, I cut the focal out of the LB page using a heart shaped die (Stitched Hearts nesting dies by Creative Dies Designs), then cut out 3 more small heart shapes with another die from the set.  For each, I matted them on white card stock and set them aside.  The I found a piece of tan card stock that was as close to the color of the dogs as I could find.  Before using it as a mat, I die cut the sentiment from the center of it - cutting the mat from a piece of white from my stash.  Die used was Moonstone's Happy Anniversary Mini's.  I glued the remaining piece of the LB page to the tan mat - then tied a piece of red embroidery floss around it before gluing in place on the card front.  Then I added all the hearts and the die cut sentiment with foam tape.

Inside:

I used that same small heart cutting die to cut 3 more hearts from the white and 2 from a scrap of blue I had in my stash that matched the color in the card front.  As you can see, I made a border with a scrap of the tan & the small hearts.  Finally, I stamped my sentiment - stamp from CCC's With Love.

Card #3:

I LIKE this one!  You can look back at the LB page I started with and see how it looked.  I must admit I wasn't very excited about it.  The picture didn't grab me and I didn't know what to do with it.  But, after scrolling online to see what other people have done with LB pages, I was inspired to try cutting pieces out of it.  As you can see, I triple matted them - since I wanted the blue, but needed white on both sides of it to make it look good.  I found the sentiment in my stash (from one of my mom's stamp & die sets).  I thought of fussy cutting the double mat - then realized a rectangle would look just fine and save me a bunch of work.

Inside:

Even though I cut the blue mats for the various cut outs & sentiment from the piece I cut from the inside of the frame, I still had VERY little left of the blue - and I wanted some on the inside.  I had these 3 strips in varying lengths, and decided they could work together to form a border.  The stamp is from CCC's Birthday-Female.

Card #4:

This time I took a gold panel & die cut a frame from it using a die from Spellbinders set called Labels Ten.  That framed my teddy bears nicely, and the die cut greeting (again, Moonstone's Happy Anniversary Minis) went well - as did the marbled blue paper I put behind it all.  But it was just SO PLAIN!  I decided I wanted to add flower accents like she had in her hair.  I didn't have anything exactly like that in my stash, but I like what I found - and rhinestone centers completed the look nicely.

Inside:

The next question was what to do about the inside.  I decided on a strip of the same marbled blue, but really felt the need to add pink.  As you can see, I found some narrow strips of pink in my stash that look great top & bottom - then added a couple more flowers.  They needed centers, but rhinestones would be too bulky and likely mess up the card front.  Instead, I used silver holographic jewel dazzles.  A stamped greeting from CCC's With Love stamp sheet completed the inside.

No comments: