Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Luxembourg City

 

Here I have several pages about Luxembourg City.  

Pages 1 & 2: Above is the dual page layout for the first two pages.  Below is a closer look at each page.

Page 1:

This page is very simple - a white background paper serves as mat for the black.  The title was created and printed (along with the photos) using Microsoft Word.

Page #2:

This page was created in a similar fashion - this time with a journaling block instead of title.

Page #3:

Title, journaling, and pictures were printed the same way as for the previous pages.  The background was a plain light green piece of card stock from my stash.  I took a damp sea sponge and Stampin' Up ink called Gray Granite.

Pages 4A & 4B:

These pages were designed to fit into a gate fold page protector.  Since each page was 6" wide, I decided to take advantage of the narrow width to run each through a paper crimper.  The pictures, titles & journaling were created the same way as all the rest.  To help fill in the left hand page, I zoomed in on the first picture to create the fussy cut pieces I added of the statues by the door.

Pages 4 C, D, E (inside of the gate fold):

Above you can see what it looks like when the gate fold flaps are opened.  Below you can see a closer look at each:

Page 4C:


This page (and it's companion 4E) started with a beige printed background.  The green was inked with the sea sponge - same as page #3 above.  I cut strips of brown to add borders on each side of the green.  I also used some of the sponged green to ink the mat for the center photo.  I don't know why I didn't double mat it with the brown as well, but it's too late now.  The title and photos were printed as I did the rest.

Page  4D:

As you can see, I used the same beige print for the background with a larger piece of green (sponged as before) forming a strip across the center - bordered with the same brown strips as on 4C & 4E.  Before I glued that down, I cut out a piece of the background to use to mat the center photos and journaling.

Page 4E:

This page was made basically the same way that page 4C was.

 Page 5 & 6A & 6B: 

Once again I'm using a gate-fold sheet protector for the right hand page - so the above picture actually shows one 12 x 12 and two 6 x 12 pages.  Below you'll see a closer look at these.

Page 5:

The center of this page has a horizontal strip of "handmade" paper that I bought years ago at Costco.  It forms the backdrop for the printed title (color of letters comes from one of the pictures on the next page!).  The focal photo has a gold frame with a mat of white around it.  All the other pictures were cut with narrow white border.  The journaling block was also printed.  The stained glass embellishments were cut from a blow up of the large stained glass window shown on the next page.

Page 6A & 6B:

These are the two narrow sheets that go in the gate fold sheet protector.  You can see more of that "hand-made" paper on the right panel.  For the left panel, I used paper ribbon from my stash.  Again, the stained glass embellishments are from a blow up of the large stained glass picture.

Page 6C, 6D, 6E:

This is what you see when you open the gate fold that I called Page 6A & 6B.  

Page 6D:

These pictures seem to have too much light on them so we can't see all the features as well as I wish we could. The paper is a lovely card stock with almost a plastic finish - marbled look with copper streaks - very pretty in real life.  As you can see, most photos and the journaling block were all printed with borders so I didn't feel the need to mat them. The focal photo, however, has a frame that was die cut from a metallic copper paper using a Spellbinder's die from the set called Renaissance Jeweled Frame.  The title block - like the ones on the pages on each side - was computer printed and then the edges were inked with a copper colored Sharpie.

Pages 6C & 6E:

In this picture, I've brought the two outside 6" wide pages together so you see them here side by side - which is NOT what you would see in the book itself - they would be separated by the page I called 6D!  Both of these were pretty much made the same way as 6D.

No comments: