Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, August 11, 2023

HD All Things Bright & Beautiful - A Beautiful Day

Today I have cards from an old (early 2014) Hunkydory card kit called All Things Bright & Beautiful - set called A Beautiful Day.  Here's a picture of the set I started with:

As you can see, a couple of pieces were missing from the die cut sheet, but I still was able to create 8 cards from this set by adding various pieces/papers from my stash.  Here's a picture of the 8 cards:

Next up is a closer look at each:

Card #1:

First up are a couple of birthday cards.  This first is an A2 sized card.  I simply cut a panel from one of the printed papers in the set to serve as both background and focal.  I created a border using a piece of grosgrain ribbon, then added a sentiment die cut from the set to complete the card front.

Inside:

Inside started with a piece remaining from the printed background/focal on the card front.  I cut it in two to form borders top & bottom, then added a small die cut embellishment.  Finally, I stamped a message using a stamp from CCC's (Crafter's Companion Compendium) page of stamps called Birthday-Male.

Card #2:

Next up is another panel cut from the same printed paper from the set - this one cut for a slim-line card.  Since the paper is a bit short, I cut it apart near the top and inserted a die cut greeting from the set.  I added Dazzles sticker borders (HOTP) top and bottom of the sentiment piece, and finished by adding a couple of dimensional butterflies that I got at the Dollar Store.

Inside:

Inside was simply a panel cut from one of the printed sheets - stamped with another sentiment from CCC's Birthday-Male sheet.

Card #3:

Next up are 3 "Thinking of You" cards.  This first is a horizontal slimline card.  The border along the bottom is leftover from the poppy printed sheet. After gluing the paper in place, I embossed the card front using a Cuttlebug A2 embossing folder called Swiss Dots.  The die cut pieces are actually from a HD Bigger Book of Toppers called Florals.  

Inside:

Another leftover piece of the printed paper forms a border at the bottom of this card.  The stamped sentiment is from CCC's Thinking of You sheet.

Card #4:

This slimline card uses the last cut panel from the daffodil print paper.  Once again, it was a bit short, so I split the panel and inserted something to extend it.  This time I added a strip of green vellum and then pieces of border Dazzles.  Finally, I added a die cut piece from the set which serves both as sentiment and focal.

Inside:

Again the inside is simply a piece of the yellow printed paper from the set - stamped with another sentiment from CCC's Thinking of You.

Card #5:

This card started with a background piece of printed digi-paper.  I thought it went well with these die cut pieces - all from the set.  I DID make a change in the focal/frame.  Originally there was a die cut gold frame inside of the frame that you see - and also a green & gold frame that was a part of the focal piece.  I removed both, and backed the frame with a peachy colored vellum.  I also added a few tiny stickers in the center of each side of the frame.  I repeated adding these stickers to the border piece that anchors the sentiment die cut.

Inside:

The remaining part of the border & a small embellishment die cut form the upper border on the inside.  The sentiment is again from CCC's Thinking of You stamp sheet.

Card #6:

Next up is a thank you card.  The background is cut from the yellow print from the set.  The frame and focal are also from the set.  The sentiment is stamped & die cut using stamps and dies that my Mother has.

Inside:

The border is created using two die cuts from the set.  The sentiment is from CCC's Thank You sheet of stamps.

Card #7:

The remaining two cards are sympathy cards.  The border/background is a panel cut from one of the printed sheets in the set.  To this, I simply added the focal and sentiment die cut pieces with foam tape.  The sentiment piece is again from the Florals Bigger Book of Toppers, but the focal is from the set.

Inside:

As you can probably see, I created borders using leftover pieces from the printed sheet.  Then I added a stamped sentiment using a stamp from CCC's With Sympathy.

Card #8:

Two of the three papers that came with the set were double-sided.  This is the back side of the poppy sheet.  Since I couldn't choose between them, I cut two panels and used one side for the previous card, and the other side for this one.  I wasn't sure what to do because the background paper made such a pretty statement.  I decided a simple greeting (stamped & die cut with my Mom's set) added with foam tape was all I wanted to add.

Inside:

I also left the inside pretty simple - simply a stamped message using a stamp from CCC's With Sympathy.

No comments: