Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, August 31, 2023

Nautical Materials Swap

Today I have a couple of "Materials Swap" cards.  This month's theme is "nautical" and can include anything ocean or beach related.  In the picture below you see the materials that I used.  

Printed materials are Debbi Moore freebies from the set called Shabby Chic Seaside.  The rest is card stock and fibers from my stash.  

Card I Made:

Mostly the card was created using the printed background and cutouts.  I used a Sharpie around the edge of the background and all the printed elements.  I created a border using black and white card stocks (I inked the white one to blend in), and one of the printed border pieces.  I also added 3 "pearls" using Liquid Pearls and a bow using blue ribbon and twine bow.  I may end up pulling the bow off because I'm not sure how well I like it.

Inside:

Inside are more cutouts and black card stock to create a border.  The stamped sentiment is from Crafter's Companion Compendium - Thinking of You sheet.

Materials from my swap partner:

And here's the card I made from them - unfortunately, there's a bit of a glare on the foiling - the fussy cut in the focal is a golden sea horse.

As you might be able to tell, I started by embossing the card front with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder - then inking it with some distress ink.  I added double-sided tape to the ribbon and attached it across the top, cutting it flush with the card.  The focal was created from several pieces.  Using a ruler and craft knife, I cut the "innards" from the frame - then backed it with a piece of the foiled paper and added it to the card front with foam tape.  I added some foam pads to the back of the sea horse before adding him.  I cut pieces of the "wooden boards" to serve as mats for the 3 sentiments that I added with foam tape on the right side of the card.  Then I added the little decorative pieces and a knotted piece of ribbon.  I decided it still needed something, so I wrote "Best Wishes" on a scrap cut from the focal background, notched each end, and added it with foam tape across the upper left corner.  I didn't take a picture of the inside.  I just added another scrap of that same paper to form a border.  I expect to stamp a sentiment, but will wait until I've decided the recipient before doing that.

No comments: