Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, November 11, 2021

DM Nativity Part 1?

Today I have 5 more cards from a Debbi Moore Christmas set my Mom got (printed at 83% size).  I made the first card from this set some time ago (check it out here), so these cards are numbered 2 through 6.  

Card #2 (above): This first card was called a flip card.  I didn't really make it as it was intended, because I mounted the whole card on a 5 x 6.5 card base that I had covered with gold poster board.  A strip of blue card stock from my stash, with another strip of the poster board forms the border at the bottom where a sentiment from the set is "hung".  I added a touch of Sparkle Paint (from Spectrum Noir) to add a bit of shimmer.

With "Flip" part open:

Inside I carefully placed the wise men so they wouldn't be seen when the "flip" was closed - and added a couple of small camels (all from the set).  As you can see, I also added another greeting on the back side of the "flip".

Inside:

More of the blue & a camel from the set form the inside - along with a greeting (one of Mom's stamps).

Card #3:

Compared to the last card, the front of this card feels a little plain, but it is still pretty in real life with more of the added Sparkle paint.  All elements except for the blue patterned paper (which is from my stash - an old HOTP paper) were from the set.

Inside:

More blue patterned paper, more elements from the set, more Sparkle, and a stamped greeting (another of Mom's stamps).

Card #4:

This card was intended as a flip card, but I just couldn't see doing it that way, so I cut the "flip" part off and just used the rest of it as the background for the focal scene - a collection of cutouts from the set - some added with foam tape.  The left border was created using blue card stock and a ribbon from my stash - along with another greeting from the set.  I added Sparkle paint in a few places to enhance the overall look.

Inside:

More card stock, another greeting (with Sparkle) & a cow from the set, and a stamped greeting (again my Mother's stamp) complete the inside.

Card #5:

For this one, I used a bright yellow card base from my stash.  I tried to tone it down with a brown lattice die cut (French Lattice from Cheery Lynn) from my stash, but I'm not sure I was too successful.  Again, I added Sparkle paint here & there.

Inside:

Inside is even worse.  I added a couple strips of the brown paper (from my stash), but the yellow is still a bit jarring.  As you can see, I took elements from the set & created a scene - and added a greeting.  Sparkle paint was again added here & there.

Card #6:

Except for the Sparkle paint here & there, the card front is entirely from the set - including the border strip.

Inside:

The stamped sentiment (another of Mom's stamps) is the only thing I added to the inside (besides the Sparkle paint) that wasn't in the kit.

No comments: