Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, November 2, 2021

4 Cards from Old HOTP Xmas Set

I have quite a few card making sets from old Card Maker's Personal Shoppers (HOTP) and I'm trying to use them up.  Usually they only make a card or two, but I got FOUR from this set.

Card #1 (above): All of the pieces were from this card maker's set - except for the gold border - saved from another set.  The reason I got so many cards from this one set is that when I used a paper for a mat, I cut out the center of it first to save for something else.

Inside:

As you can see, there's more of the same here.

Card #2:

The second card started with a similar paper/mat scenario from the set - again with the center cut out.  This time, though, the focal was from an old HOTP booklet of acetate greetings.  Fortunately it was not hard to adhere the acetate since I could simply add adhesive behind the darker printed areas.

Inside:

Again the inside is just scraps of paper from the set.

Card #3:

I'm not sure if this tag was from this set or if I brought it as scrap from another one.  I KNOW that the narrow strip of paper was scrap from a previous set.  I chose not to stamp a greeting at this time since I'm not 100% certain that I'll use this as a Christmas card.

Inside:

A couple of scraps & cut outs from the set complete the inside of the card.

Card #4:

This is a card that I would re-do if I could - but the elements are stuck down too well - I think it would look better to have a couple of the tags removed.  All the pieces are from the set.  I embossed the card front (Kitchen Weave by Cuttlebug) & hit it with some dark red ink.  

Inside:

I completed the inside of the card by using up most of the rest of the scraps.

No comments: