Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, November 14, 2021

Monochromatic Trio

Today I have 3 more cards made from an old HOTP Card Makers Personal Shopper set - this time a monochromatic color scheme.

Card #1 (above): Everything is from the set except for the cream-colored card stock & the owl die cut.  I'm not sure where the die cut came from - probably a swap sometime - but I thought it worked perfectly with this color scheme.  Since my niece loves owls, this makes a perfect birthday card for her. The "to you" is stamped using a HOTP stamp set called Happy Hello Love & Thanks.

Inside:

A gift card holder is great for the inside.  It and the border strip are from the set.

Card #2:

I'm not sure why, but there wasn't much in the way of a focal with this set, so I went looking in my stash trying to find something that kept to the color scheme.  This gorilla (cut from a calendar) was the perfect focal.  Once again, everything except the tan piece & the stamps were from the set.  The "Smile" stamp was part of a larger message in a JustRite rubber stamp set called Botanical Swirls Labels.  The sentiment below that is from an A6 Sentiments set by Phil Martin.

Inside:

Once again, the cream was from my stash.  Both stamps came from the Birthday Cheer set by HOTP.

Card #3:

There wasn't a lot left from the set at this point - but still a bit of the brown & the striped paper.  I found some gold from my stash and used it for mats inside & out.  The "WISH" is an old foiled embossed piece from HOTP.  The "Happy Birthday" is die cut using a HOTP die called Happy Birthday!

Inside:

The stamp is another one from HOTP's Birthday Cheer set.

No comments: