Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, August 29, 2018

HD Woodland Wonder - Friends

Here are three more cards from the HD Woodland Wonder kit.  There are plenty more cards to make from this kit, but these will be the last for a little while.  The set used here was called "Woodland Friends".  As you can see, this first card is a twisted easel card.  It's a 5" x 5" card made of green card stock.  The background paper is a dotted green from my stash.  On the front, I have the focal from the set with several layers, and a sentiment from the set.  On the inside is a sentiment (which is on a double layer of foam tape to hold the card open) and a little picture (on a single layer of foam tape).

This is one of the few sets where I didn't care for the coordinating card stock quite so much.  But it still made a nice card.  The card stock was mostly floral, then a border, then a picture - and I cut a piece of it for the front of the card.  I added a few die cuts on foam tape to the picture.  I chose to use a sentiment from the Essential Book of Pearl Sentiments (Hunkydory), but it was pretty small.  SO, I "enlarged" it by matting it several times using mulberry paper, orange card stock, and white glimmer paper - all die cut with the JustRite die set called Vintage Labels Three. 3 little adhesive-backed jewels highlight the border and help move the eye around the card.

The inside used a border strip that was pieced from the "throwaway parts" of the die cut sheet.  The sentiment & picture were again "enlarged" by cutting mats from white glimmer paper and the coordinating floral card stock.

I suspect one of the reasons I didn't care for the coordinating card stock quite so much was that it focused on my least favorite color - orange.  However, it's a great color for this time of year and I decided to go with it and make this center step card from orange card stock.

The base was actually cream colored, but I added orange along the sides and on the inside.  The largest die cut sits on the cream colored center of the card and forms a base for other die cuts that are layered on top with foam tape.  The border along the sides was pieced from the border that came in the set.  Another greeting from the Essential Book finishes the outside of this card.
 
On the inside, a small sentiment is made larger with another piece of that orange card stock.

No comments: