Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, July 16, 2022

July Materials Swap - Birds

 

Once again I have a card created for a materials swap.  As I've mentioned before, this is where we create a card - saving a set of duplicate materials to send to a swap partner.  This time the theme was "BIRDS".  And here is the set of materials I used in creating this card:

The set of supplies includes: 3 papers - two I had in my stash from HOTP, and one that I printed from a Crafts U Print freebie.  I added another small paper that I stamped on - from a Fiskars Special Delivery stamp set.  Then there was a Hunkydory Little Book page from the Little Book of Memorable Moments.  Then I added a couple of sentiments and a border from a Hunkydory Cute & Cuddly Whopper Topper book.  The last thing is a 20" or so piece of thin white string.

Card Front:


And here's the card I made with those materials.  As you can see, I fussy cut various elements of the little book page to create my own scene using the "sky" colored printed paper.  I matted this on the dark yellow dotted paper, then the lighter yellow gingham.  I finished the card front by trimming the silver foiling off the sentiments, then adding them as you see in the picture.

Inside:

Inside I used leftover scraps, and the border piece (from which I also removed the silver foiling) to create some borders top and bottom.  I added the fussy cut balloons from the little book page - to which I added pieces of the string.  I fussy cut the little baby outfit & put it in the bottom right-hand corner before stamping a sentiment to complete the inside of my card.

Next up is the card I made from the materials my swap partner sent to me.  Here's a picture of them:


Before putting the card together, I needed to plan my card so I made good use of my materials - since it's against the rules to add anything other than ink or other media or adhesives.  

First, I needed to decide how to use the card stock panel & focal panel.  I decided that most of the card stock panel would be used for the inside of the card, but I needed to cut out a section of it so it would fit properly.  I saved the strip I cut out of it to use for the bottom of the card front.  
 
Next, I wanted to die cut some greetings from the brown mat material - cutting them from portions that would be covered by the other elements of the card.  Dies used were Stacked Happy Birthday from Creative Expressions and 5 x 7 Card and Box set by Card Making Magic.

 

Then I was ready to put together the card front.  First the brown background was glued in place - then the leftover strip of card stock from the inside.  Next, I put foam tape on the back of the focal (which I had glued to a piece of white card stock and then trimmed to the size I wanted), and placed it as you see.  Finally, I added the buttons.

Inside:

Inside, I simply added the modified printed card stock piece - and then added the greeting to the middle of it.

No comments: