Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, July 18, 2022

Beverage Swap

I should have taken a picture that showed the dimension better, but I don't have the energy right now to go get set up to take another.  Today's card is for a July swap called "beverage swap".  While I don't drink alcohol, you can usually get a virgin cocktail at places like this!  

Materials used were a Mini Bricks stencil from The Crafter's Workshop, Inks from my stash, and 3 Little Book of High Street pages - along with acetate & adhesives including foam tape.

I started by stenciling a brick background - but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) turned the stencil 90 degrees from what I had intended.  Then I glued one little book page to a piece of card stock & cut out the center.  After tracing the resulting window onto my card front, I cut out an aperture on the card front.  Then I cut a piece of acetate slightly larger than the window & glued to the back of the little book page (that had been glued to card stock & cut).  I used foam tape to adhere this to the card front, centering it over the aperture.  Then I took parts of a second identical little book page, glued it to card stock & cut out the table, chairs, drinks on the table, and awning and added them - some with foam tape for dimension.  Finally I cut the "EVERY HOUR IS" from another little book page and added it across the corner of the window.

Inside:

Inside I first attached the cut out piece with all the drinks & bottles, centering it so that it was behind the acetate window and could be seen from the front of the card.  Above this I glued the words "Happy Hour" - cut from the same page as the words on the card front.  However, I had to go over the words with a yellow marker to change the pink to more of an orange so it coordinated with the card better! That completed my card.

No comments: