Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, July 15, 2022

Blue Christmas???

 

Today I have 4 cards made from some old HOTP personal shopper card kits. I have a LOT of these left and really want to get them used up so I can focus on using more current supplies. Here are the 4 cards and how I made them.  The first two cards were made using one kit, and the 2nd two were from another.  Each kit was designed to make 1 card, but I can't stand to waste materials so . . .

Card #1 (above): The sentiments were cut outs.  The kit consisted of 3 small papers - two of which I used here - and several cut outs.  I layered cut outs for the "happy".  Then I took some snowflake die cuts I had cut from pearlized vellum (Spellbinders Dimensional Snowflaks - Cut/Fold/Tuck), backed them with blue, and fussy cut around them.

Inside:


As you can see, on the inside I simply added more of the papers & another cut out from the kit.

Card #2: (same kit as card #1)

I hadn't used any of the third paper in the kit, so used it for the background of this card with a narrow strip of the blue for a border.  I added narrow border Dazzles on each edge.  The tags, oval & circle were cutouts from the kit.  I die cut a bunch of snowflakes and the sentiment using the Moonstone die set called Splendid Snowflakes.

Inside:

Inside I added leftover bits of all 3 papers, 3 more circle cutouts from the kit, and several more snowflake die cuts (from the same Moonstone set).

Card #3:

This kit was designed to make a shaped card - but I didn't feel like going to all that work!  The front panel is as it was in the kit.  I drew in a carrot nose (since I didn't have the brad that went with the kit), and added a fussy cut hand (on the sign) and hat with foam tape.  The buttons were die cut in white (someone sent them to me) & then colored in an ink that coordinated with the whole.  I added pen faux stitching around the buttons & in the button holes.

Inside:

Inside I added coordinating paper scraps & tag.

Card #4:

The background paper is from the kit, as are the sentiment cutouts.  The diamond-shaped mat for the focal sentiment was double cut using papers from my stash and a Spellbinders Labels One die set.

Inside:


 
Scraps of paper and the last sentiment cutout from the kit completes this card.

No comments: