Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, August 4, 2021

More Scenic Christmas Cards

Awhile back I showed several scenic Christmas cards that I made.  Here's what I did with the other scenes I created at that time.  Note that most of the stamps were ones my Mom had.  If they are mine, I note who made them.

Card #1 (above):  The focal was colored with scroll & brush markers - sometimes direct to paper, sometimes scribbled on my craft mat and picked up with a water brush.  I embossed a background panel using my Darice Snowflake Background embossing folder.  Then I inked it with distress ink.  I die cut the scene into a circle - then die cut a white mat to go behind it before creating the back mat layer - die cut with a Spellbinders Splendid Circles die. The sentiment is a greeting from a Debbi Moore download.

Inside:

Inside are mats I found in my scraps - along with another Debbi Moore greeting.

Card #2:

I thought this was such a cute scene!  I colored it with Inktense pencils & a water brush.  The background paper came in a swap, and the greeting is another from Debbi Moore.

Inside:

I thought this Debbi Moore "Dear Santa please give me presents. I've been very good" was a great embellishment for the inside. That with a scrap of the patterned paper is all that's needed.

Card #3:


Here I've once again colored the focal with Scroll & Ink markers & a water brush.  The vellum background is only attached to the card front behind the focal.  Snowflake stickers from my stash & another Debbi Moore message completes the card front.

Inside:
 
Inside I've added a greeting - another of my Mom's stamped - stamped with distress ink.
 
Card #4:

 
This is my least favorite of all the scenes.  The focal was another stamped image - put together from Mom's stamps & colored with Scroll & Brush markers & a water brush.  These were backed with a couple of die cut mats (Spellbinders Beaded Circles for the white, and Nellie's Multi Frames Flower for the aqua).  The background was created with ink & a wavy card stock piece that I used as a stencil.  I cut part of the wavy stencil with a die that had little houses on it.  I decided that part didn't look right just used as a stencil, so I die cut some of the houses from white & colored them.  That now looked quite out of place with the rest, so I die cut some more & put a little one over the stamped house that had been there originally - just to try and tie it in better.  The greeting is from Debbi Moore.

Inside:


Another stamped greeting (Mom's stamp again) and a die cut piece with more houses & inking completed the inside.

No comments: