Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, August 11, 2021

2021 Road Trip - Arches

This set of pages again has a gate fold page - but it is landscape opening and I adapted the sheet protector myself - took two sheet protectors.  Cut one in half and attached the pieces to the other one using my fuse tool (making sure to only get the top layer at the top of the page so that I could still slip my full page in behind).  Instead of a top opening, like most of my pages, I put the opening for the gate fold portions on the inside so that the pages wouldn't easily slide out.  Here are a closeups of the first two pages:

Several of the elements - including the background page itself - came from a purchased kit.  In addition to the large map background, there are several stickers (all three elements on the left), the title, and the word "UTAH".  The journaling was, as usual, created with Microsoft Word.

2nd Page:

The top portion of the gate fold includes the campground map with our campsite circled.  The sticker in the upper right corner is from the purchased set - as are the two sub-headings on the lower portion of the gate fold.  The sticker didn't actually say "Turret" Arch.  It actually said "Delicate" arch - which we were not able to see.  I just took a small piece of coordinating card stock, covered the word "delicate" with it and hand wrote the replacement with a white gel pen.

Gate fold opened up:

Closeups :

Once again, the sub-headings here are from the kit.

The "Courthouse Towers" is a sticker, but the other sub-headings are ones that I created in Microsoft Word.

Here I once again used a small scrap of dark brown paper & hand-wrote the sub-heading with a white gel pen.

No comments: