Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, August 26, 2021

Winter Wishes ACK - Part 1

Yesterday I had a marathon card making session & created 7 cards from this Artful Card Kit (ACK from HOTP) - then realized I had made 2 cards earlier that never got posted.  Sooooo, today I have NINE cards.  Most were quick cards, but a few have stamped images that took longer.

 Card #1 (above):  For this first card I used a stamp from Sweet Stamps called Miss Kitty Small.  I stamped it on several different papers (the blue from the kit, the rest from my stash) & fussy cut & layered them to form the cat & outfit.  I added bits of ink with my Scroll & Brush Markers to complete it.  The rest of the card is elements from the kit except for the strips of white from my stash.  I inked several of the edges.

Inside:

Card #2:

This card once again is mostly a combinations of elements from the kit.  I did add a bit of the same card stock that formed the card base (from my stash).  I also stamped the greeting & heat embossed it. (Stamp from JustRite - Christmas Vintage Labels One)

Inside:

More of the same on the inside.  Stamp is one that Mom had.

Card #3:

Only a few elements from the kit make this card - the greeting & banner.  The rest is from my stash.  The elf is a HOTP small stamp called Happy Elf.

Inside:

The tag is from the kit - the blue from my stash.

Card #4:

Once again, only a little of this card is from the kit - the greeting on the front, the paper for the snowman's scarf, and the tag on the inside.  The rest of the papers were scraps from my stash.  The Snowman is die cut from several different papers using a Spellbinders die called Mr. & Mrs. Snowman.  I colored the eyes/nose/mouth with Scroll & Brush markers.

Inside:

Though the tag is from the kit, it was stamped with a HOTP stamp from the stamp/die set Snowglobe.  The large greeting is stamped from JustRite's Christmas Labels 22

Card #5:

The elements on the front of this card are all from the kit except for the background - which is a lovely piece of embossed vellum that I got in a paper trade with a friend.

Inside:

Inside is more of the same - except the stamped message is from HOTP's Christmas Cheer stamp set.

Card #6:

Once again - only the greetings are from the kit.  The rest is paper from my stash - and a die cut image using a Santa's Sleigh die from Crafter's Companion.

Inside:

Inside is more of the same - except the greeting was added to the banner from the kit - Mittens Small Stamp from HOTP.

Card #7:

All elements are from the kit except for the blue dotted paper & blue card stock used for the mat & dots at the bottom (which I outlined with a white gel pen).

Inside:

More of the same.

Card #8:

Once again, most of the elements are from the kit - only the background paper was not - and the white die cut snowflakes that are mostly covered by round snowflakes from the kit.

Inside:

Inside, all is from the kit except the border strip & the stamping (HOTP Small Stamps - Snowflakes & Swirls, Small Wreath)

Card #9:

This last card has elements from the kit, but the background papers are from my stash & the messages are stamped.  The stamp used for this one was from JustRite's Noel Christmas Ornaments.

Inside:

More of the same - stamp from HOTP's Christmas Cheer.

1 comment:

Sam B said...

Wow - tons of great cards Cheryl! My favorite, of course, is the navy and white one with the Santa & reindeer on it - I always love Santa's sleigh and the reindeer images! Great job!