Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Scrappy Valentines Swap

Today I have 6 valentines - all made from scraps & misc elements from my stash - all made for friends on a paper crafting message board.  Several of these cards - including this first one - have sentiment banners created from JustRite's Antique Valentine's Tags One stamp set and their Vintage Labels and Banners die set.

Card #1 (above): This first card is a Two-Piece Step card.  The white/red heart paper was an old HOTP paper, the dark red is a "handmade" velvet-type paper I bought years ago at Costco.  In addition to the banner sentiment, I added doilies, die cuts, and cut outs from my stash, and some Border Dazzles.

Inside:

More of the same covers the inside of the card - along with the sentiment stamped from JustRite's Because I Care stamp set.

Card #2:

Once again I've used scraps of paper, along with die cuts, punch outs, stickers, doilies, etc. to create this next card.

Inside:

Inside I have a sentiment stamped from a Gina K stamp set called Wreath Builder.

Card #3:

This card was made using not only scraps of paper, die cuts (Just Rite's Vintage Label & Banner) & punched heart from my stash, but also some pieces cut on my Silhouette a long time ago that have been sitting in my stash (the L & inserted letters). I've also added some washi tape to the border. 

Inside:


More scraps decorate the inside - along with more die cut hearts (Spellbinders' Classic Scalloped Hearts).

Card #4:

This gate-fold card sports a collage of scrap paper backed with card stock, a doily & sentiment banner, and misc tags & other cut outs from an old HOTP set.

Inside:

This time the inside sentiment is from another JustRite set called Good Friends Labels Twenty-Nine.

Card #5:

This slim line card is once again made from various scraps (the mat for the background paper is pieced), doilies, die cuts, and misc other pieces from my stash.  The tag is from a HOTP set, in a mini envelope stamped with a sentiment from Melissa Francis Holiday Greetings.

Inside:

I didn't add a sentiment to the inside of this one yet, but the decorations are more of the same as the card front.

Card #6:

The background is pieced from scraps - with a ribbon & punched border to cover the join.  The card was created using a suggested card sketch which I believe comes from the page maps website.  You've seen the sentiment stamp on an earlier card.  The pocket, tag & many of the other decorative pieces are from an old HOTP booklet of pockets. A bit of clear Stickles adds some sparkle.

With Tag Showing:

I stamped a sentiment on the tag - using stamps from JustRite's Special Gifts Labels Twenty-Nine.

Inside:

The sentiment on the inside comes from the same JustRite stamp set.

No comments: