Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, February 3, 2021

A Beautiful Day

It is indeed a beautiful day outside.  Snow on the trees (though it's melting) and a sunny blue sky.  Today I spent most of my day organizing my papers/scraps.  I should probably do a post at some point about how I'm managing my scraps.   With my new system, I'm MUCH more likely to actually use them!  However, I DID make one card today and that's what this post is about.

This card started with a Colorists page from HOTP.  Most of it was colored with Inktense & a water brush, but I used Spectrum Noir's Metallic Markers for the gold.  Once I had my piece colored, I had to figure out how to use it on a card.  It turns out that these are a bit of an unusual aspect ratio, so I had to figure out what I would do about that.  I ended up making a black 5 X 7 card base & then going from there.  I added a piece of yellow that was slightly smaller than the card base.  Then glued my focal in the center.  Next I added two strips of ribbon - top & bottom - and added a strip of black & gold washi tape top & bottom.

Inside:

I really wasn't sure what to do with the inside, but then I thought of this peony I had made and put in my stash.  The colors are similar, but I wish I had matted it on a very light blue.  At any rate, I used the same color yellow for the inside, added a wide strip of black top and bottom, then a more narrow strip of yellow on top of that - finishing once again with some washi tape.  The peony & leaves were made with Gemini's Double-Sided Peony die.

No comments: