Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, February 28, 2021

A Bolt out of the Blue

Today's scrapbook page is the first of several for my "faithbook" that details God's leading in our unexpected move to Idaho. I was grateful to find some on-line pictures that helped illustrate the subject. The title & journaling on the lightning bolt were created on my computer. I didn't feel like going to all the work to die cut the title pieces.  Nor did I want to individually fussy cut each letter! At first, each word was a simple rectangle shape, but it really didn't look that good. I thought to use a corner rounder on them, but realized that wouldn't go with the sharp angles of the lightning bolt. I finally settled on slashing across opposite corners on each - and cutting the vertical word into individual letters where I did the same.

The darker turquoise & narrow patterned strip behind the smaller photos were scraps from my stash.  I wanted to add a touch of the same patterned paper behind the focal "Moving to Idaho" picture but wasn't sure I could easily cut it from the narrow strip (where it goes behind the photos) and get everything to work right.  Then I remembered that I had scanned in that paper when I was doing a layout with the main part of that paper so that I could use scrapbook software to create a draft layout and decide how I wanted everything and exact sizes before cutting into my papers and printing my pictures.  Sure enough, I had it and was able to print a copy to enable me to just simply cut a square and turn it on its ends behind the focal.

The smaller pictures open like books to show hidden journaling behind them.  To make them, I simply glued the photos to a folded piece of cardstock that was the same size when folded - and that had my printed journaling on the inside.

No comments: