Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, June 22, 2023

HD Christmas Classics 2021 - Goodwill to All

Today I have 5 cards from a 2021 Hunkydory kit called Christmas Classics - the set called Goodwill to All.  Here's a picture of the set I started with:

As you can see, it consists of two AS sheets (adoreable scoreable printed card stock) and one sheet of die cuts.  The AS sheet on the left I refer to as the "blue" one, and the one on the right as the "red" one. It was interesting to note that the die cut sheet was quite a bit flimsier than the the 2016 one I used yesterday!  I wonder if that's a change they've made across the board, or just for this kit.  I'll have to take note and see!  I didn't add much to this kit to complete my cards - a bit of white paper/card stock, a bit of gold card stock, and some sentiments from a Hunkydory Little Book of Essential Christmas Sentiments (LB).

Here are the 5 cards that I made:

 Now for a closer look at each:

Card #1:

First up is an interactive gate fold card. I cut part of the blue AS to create background panels for the card front - after scoring and folding the card base as a gate fold card.  Then I simply glued the frame to the left side (only) and the focal to the right side (only).  Quick & easy!

Inside:

Here I took part of the border from the blue AS, fussy cut the green part off, and added it as a border at the top of the card.  Then I added a couple of stamped verses.  Both stamps come from Divinity Designs - the first from the set called Great Joy stamp/die duo, and the 2nd from their Christmas Card Scriptures set.

Card #2:

Next up is a really quick & easy card.  The background is from the red AS.  I backed one of the die cut frames with white & turned it on point - then added a die cut focal.  The sentiment is from the LB of sentiments.

Inside:

Once again I used a border piece from the blue AS - again fussy cutting the green off (this time from the top).  The sentiment is stamped from the CCC (Crafter's Companion Compendium) Believe in the Magic stamp set.

Card #3:

You probably recognize the background piece of blue AS by now - this time with the border intact.  I matted the focal & sentiment on white before adding as you can see in the picture.

Inside:

This time the border piece on the inside does not have the green removed.  The stamped greeting is again from CCC's Believe in the Magic stamp set.

Card #4:

I think this may be my favorite of the cards from this set.  As you can probably figure out, the background came from the red AS sheet, but this time I overlaid it with a gold die cut lattice piece (Circles 3x8 by Cutting Edge).  That dresses it up SO much!  Then I just added two of the die cut pieces - one of which had a greeting already on it.

Inside:

Inside I used a piece of the leftover red AS & pieces from a cut-apart die cut frame to form borders top & bottom.  The sentiment is again stamped with a stamp from CCC's Believe in the Magic.

Card #5:

This card front looks pretty elaborate, but it was really quite simple. The main part of it is cut from the red AS sheet - including the focal.  I added a piece of cut-apart frame to the top to better fit the card base (same die cut frame as used on the inside of the previous card).  Then I simply added a die cut sentiment toward the bottom and it was DONE!

Inside:

Inside I simply have a border piece and a stamped sentiment.  This one is from an un-named & no brand name set I call simply Christmas Word Stamps

And there you have it.  Five cards from a pretty HD set.

No comments: