Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, June 21, 2023

HD Christmas Classics 2016 - O Holy Night

Today I have 6 cards made from the 2016 Hunkydory kit called Christmas Classics - the set called O Holy Night

Here are the materials in that kit (to which I added a bit of red, gold, and white card stocks from my stash):

As you can see, there's one sheet of die cuts, and two sheets of AS (adoreable scoreable printed card stock) - not enough focals to create 6 cards.  I used coordinating LB (little book) pages for the rest.

Here's a picture of the 6 cards:

And now a closer look at each - all printed materials are from the kit unless otherwise indicated.  Note that several have die cut "music notes" added - these are cut from gold using Music Panels dies from Paper Discovery.

Card #1:

This first uses a portion of the blue AS.  In order to have the border top and bottom, I had to slice a piece out between the two borders & tape it back together before gluing the background in place.  I saved that leftover piece for the inside.  Then, I matted the greeting & focal in white and added the focal with foam tape for dimension.  The last touch was adding a few music notes (see note above).

Inside:

For the inside, I sliced the leftover piece in half lengthwise & matted them on scraps of gold to form borders top & bottom.  The sentiment is stamped using a stamp from CCC (Crafter's Companion Compendium) Believe in the Magic.

Card #2:

Next up is a card made using a piece of the other AS for a background - this time matted with red before added to the card.  I decided the focal stood out better when matted on white.  I added that and the greeting with foam tape.  I also added a few music notes.

Inside:

Inside I used two pieces cut from the border strip to form borders top & bottom.  As you can see, I matted them with red.  The stamped greeting is again from CCC Believe in the Magic.

Card #3:

Next up is another card made using a piece of the blue AS.  This time I matted the whole thing with gold.  Next I trimmed a LB page to fit and glued it in place.  Finally, I simply added a couple of die cut greetings from a HD Essential Book of Christmas Sentiments and called it good.

Inside:

Inside is simply another stamped message - again from CCC Believe in the Magic.

Card #4:

This card again used a piece of the yellow AS for a background, but I added red mat & red strips before adding a trimmed down LB page.  A sentiment from the set was matted in red before being added to the upper left corner.  A few music notes complete the card front.

Inside:

Here I combined the last piece of yellow AS (except what was used as background/focal for the next card), a piece of red, and a couple of die cuts from the set (oval one matted on red) with a gold die cut I had in my stash (Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight) to create a focal on the inside of the card.

Card #5:

This card is mostly the picture part of the yellow AS.  I cut it apart and lengthened it by adding the remaining piece of border - then matted all on gold.  A few music notes & treble clef (from same die set) complete the outside.

Inside:

I thought this piece would make a great bookmark, so added it to the inside with low tack tape so it could easily be removed for that purpose.

Card #6:

This last card uses the remaining piece of blue AS - matted with gold.  Then I added a die cut gold mat & die cut gold LB page for the focal (Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Nine).  The sentiment looked too plain, so I matted it with gold also.

Inside:

Inside I added a portion of a second LB page and a die cut in red (Creative Expressions Joy to the World).


No comments: