Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Strength and Weakness

It's been too long since I did some Bible journaling, but I can see why because it's taken 3 days to get as far as posting this - even though it's a fairly simple page.  I just plain have less time to do this than I did during the height of covid!  Protecting the page with gesso and doing the illustration took the first day.  The words/lettering took the second day (the pen is less likely to get clogged by the gesso if it has dried for at least a day).  Then, it took me a third day to get around to posting it.  To read about what this passage & the illustration mean to me, check out my other blog here.  Below you will read about the steps I took to make this page.

1) As I mentioned above, the first thing I did was to apply 3 thin coats of thin gesso to protect the page from bleed through.

2) Next, I stamped the hummingbird using a Stampendous stamp from the sets of stamps (and matching dies) called Hummingbird.

3) Then I colored in the hummingbird using Inktense pencils & a water brush, and used the same to highlight the verses to which I referred.  Notice that the eye turned out dark enough that you can't see the letters behind it.  Mistakes like this happen!  I fixed it by putting the hard to read word in parenthesis beside the hummingbird.

4) After leaving the page to dry for a day, I came back to do the words.  Most of them are just printed with a Small sized Pitt Pen, but some were made like "bubble" letters so I could fill them in with color.  To do that, I used my Scroll and Brush markers.


No comments: