Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, May 11, 2023

Daydreams ACK - Part 2

Today's cards come from an old HOTP Artful Card Kit (ACK) called Daydreams.  Five years ago I made a card from this kit which I posted here. Today I have 6 more cards from the kit - with plenty of materials left over for a "Part 3".

Card #1

This first card is a slimline card.  I matted the background paper with black, added a die cut border piece from the kit and layered a sticky-backed bead border on top.  I added some HOTP stickers to the tag and glued it to the dream catcher focal (both from the kit).  A silver sequin appears to attach it in place.  I added an arrow die cut in the lower right corner, then a sprinkling of black beads to finish the card front.

Inside:

Don't ask me why I didn't mat the piece of patterned paper on the inside - it just slipped my mind as I was too focused on creating the border from scraps of black paper & the rest of the border die cut - no beads on the inside!  The stamped sentiment is from Crafter's Companion Compendium (CCC) - the page called Thinking of You.

Card #2:

Once again I matted the background with black.  After adding the rest of the die cuts I had put with this paper, I added a couple of alphabet stickers to form the word "HI", and then some Jewel Border Dazzles to create a bit of a frame.

Inside:

The border is scraps of black & patterned paper - with 3 diamond die cuts punched out from the border on the inside of the previous card.  Then I just added a stamped greeting (another from CCC's Thinking of You).

Card #3:

A floral print and a plain black paper form the backdrop for this focal - a die cut label topped with a cut out and die cut flowers - all but the black paper is from the kit.

Inside:

Scraps form the foundation of the border for the inside - a scrap of black layered with a scrap of the floral pattern, layered with a cut out - all from the kit.  I stamped the cutout with a CCC stamp from the Birthday-Female page.

Card #4:

One corner of this patterned paper makes a great background & focal image combined when I mat it with black paper from my stash.  I added a stamped greeting (CCC - Birthday-Male) and a couple of die cuts to completed the card.

Inside:

Once again I used a scrap of patterned paper for a border on the inside - this time adding a cutout from the kit.

Card #5:

This time I used the opposite corner of the paper to form the background - once again matted with black from my stash.  I used a strip cut from patterned paper & matted with black to form an upper border.  A cutout from the kit forms the focal - embellished with a couple of die cut flowers (also from the kit).  A small cut out greeting in the upper left corner completes the card front.

Inside:

Inside I used the remaining scrap of this patterned paper, matted with black, to form a border that the die cut tag sits on.  I added Dazzles to it to create the message and a flower Dazzle sticker to "attach" the tag to the border.

Card #6:

This final card is a slimline card - as you can see.  I combined scraps from two papers for the background, and added a black ribbon border before matting it with black.  A cutout sentiment and die cut flowers - both from the kit - complete the card front.

Inside:

On the inside I have more of the floral paper with black from my stash to create a border.  To this I've added a cut out and a die cut flower.  Voila'!  6 more cards from this kit.

No comments: