Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, April 8, 2023

National Parks Scrapbook Part 1

During our travels this past week, we stopped at a scrapbooking store and found this wonderful map of the national parks on a scrapbook page.  It's perfect for the national park scrapbook that I'm working on!  It was a double sided page, so to the back of it I added an alphabetical listing of the national parks.  This listing shows which we've been to, and what page the park is on if we've been to it (since I'm adding park pages in chronological order based on when we visited).  Here's what that looks like:

I designed the page so it should be pretty easy to print an updated page when we've made another national parks trip.

Page #3:

We made the decision to not include parks we've visited separately as children, but only those we've been to as a couple.  Crater Lake is the first of those.  I had picked up this Oregon page a long time ago, and decided it made a great backdrop for my Crater Lake pictures.

Page #4:


This page is pretty simple, but I used a technique I'd never tried before and I like it (though it was hard to do without two people).  I took my crimper, and ran each corner of the page through it, creating the wavy impressions you see in each corner.  It definitely increases the interest on the page, even though it's a simple thing.

As you can see from this second picture, I decided the page was a bit too plain, so added just a few sticker words to it.  I think it's a definite improvement.

Page 6:


Here we have 4 of my own pictures, 3 purchased stickers, some cutouts, and my journaling.  Can you tell which are the stickers?  (The stickers are the three in the center "column" - two of which I matted on brown).  Not a lot to say about it..  The background paper was from HOTP.  The stickers were from Zion's gift shop.  The title & subtitle were from a scrapbook set purchased at another national park.


No comments: