Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Another Card using Word Dies

Today's card started with the beautiful background paper - a digital download I got from somewhere. I also used a die from a bunch my Mom brought over to play with.  As you can probably tell, in addition to the printed pattern paper, I used several plain greens from my stash.  Though I suppose I shouldn't call them "plain" green.  One is a shimmer paper and one (the darkest) is a lovely suede finish - the type you want to just run your fingers over to feel the soft texture.  As you can see, I used the lightest green for mats, the medium and dark for the die cut pieces and to create the border.  I cut two die cut pieces, one from the medium and one from the dark.  I trimmed out part of the dark green, putting the words on top of the medium, and using the leaves for decoration elsewhere on the card (inside & out).

Inside:

Before gluing the light green mat for the card front, I cut the center out to use on the inside.  Scraps of the patterned paper and a couple of remaining pieces I cut from the die cut form the borders.  The stamp is from the Crafter's Companion Compendium (CCC) from the page called "Thank You".

No comments: