Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, March 17, 2022

HD Wild At Heart - Terrific Tiger

Today I have a set of Tiger cards.  They're from the Hunkydory kit called "Wild at Heart" - the set called "Terrific Tiger".  You can see what the set looked like below:

I'm particularly pleased with the cards I got from this set.  Despite the fact that all but the AS (Adorable Scoreable cardstock) in the set had an image with a rounded bottom, I created several flat bottomed focals by cutting the stones of some of the pieces apart and gluing in place.  So, from this one set, I got 5 cards as you can see in the picture below:

Let's look at each of the cards individually:

Card #1:

As you can see, I created this one as a slimline card.  The focal is cut from the AS.  I cut the borders from the AS and added them top and bottom as you see here - creating the height I wanted for the card.  I added the sentiment - once again cut to fit, and a couple of the corner pieces to form a bit of an arch. A narrow black mat completes the card.

Inside:

Inside was created much the same way: black mat, piece of the AS glued together to create the borders as you see here.

Card #2:

This card is one of my more unusual ones in this set.  I used the scraps from the die cut page to create the borders, putting the blue paper from my stash behind it.  I added the tiger cub focal, and sentiment from the set.  Then I added letter stickers from my stash to spell "Happy Birthday".

Inside:

Inside is a bit more straight forward.  I made a border using scraps of papers/AS from the card front, then stamped a sentiment (Mom's stamp).

Card #3:

This is the card you see at the top of the page.  I cut a piece of the AS border to fit just below the fold line of the easel card.  Then I added the focal & sentiment from the set, making sure the focal was only glued on the bottom part of it.

As Easel:

 Here you can see the main element on the inside of the card.  It's simply another border piece from the AS that has been raised with foam tape & has another sentiment from the set added to it.

Card #4:

Most of the remaining AS was used as a background for this one. As mentioned, I took a rounded bottomed piece and added cut rocks from other pieces to create this flat bottomed focal.  Then I inked the edges in black. The border and sentiment are both also from the set.

Inside:

I had very little to work with for the inside of the card, so just took a bit of black paper from my stash & combined it with Dazzles border stickers to form a border inside.

Card #5:

Here's another card where I took a rounded bottomed piece & created a flat bottom using pieces from the set.  The background is vellum - which unfortunately puckered a bit when I blued the die cut greeting onto the card (Spellbinders Joyous Celebrations Sentiments die set).  I added a gold scrap at the bottom edge, and corner pieces from the set at the top.

Inside:

Inside is a border piece from the set that has been backed with a scrap of the vellum.

No comments: