Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, March 30, 2022

HD Perfect Planet - Deep Blue Sea

Today I'm working with one of the sets from Hunkydory's Perfect Planet.  This set is called Deep Blue Sea and you can see the materials that came in it in the picture below.  As you can see from the picture above, I made 4 cards & two tags from these materials - adding a bit from my stash as I worked.

Card #1:

First up is this slimline card.  The background is from the AS (adorable scoreable card stock) that came in the set.  To this I added a focal die cut, a sentiment, and a border piece - all from the set.

Inside:

Inside is a border from the kit and a stamped greeting (stamps were Mom's ).

Card #2:

This card took the most time by far!  I pieced together the "sea floor" from a border strip from the AS and several pieces where the bottom was an oval shape.  All elements came from the set except the light blue background (a HOTP patterned paper) and a dark blue stripe of paper from my stash.

Inside:

For the inside, I simply added a border strip from the set and left the rest blank for my personal message when I get ready to mail it.

Card #3:

Here I have several things from my stash - the dark blue paper mat, the gold oval frame (gold poster board from my stash cut with two nesting stitched oval dies (Creative Dies Designs), and a couple of Dazzles Thin Lines strips.  The sea floor, orcas, sentiment, and decorative corners, are all from the set.

Inside:

Inside I simply have strips of the dark blue paper, the AS, the gold card stock, and a border from the set.  The stamped sentiment is stamped with one of Mom's stamps.

Card #4:

Here I used gold poster board (from around the frame used earlier) to form this frame.  The rest of the materials came from the set, including the piece of AS for the background.

Inside:

A piece of scrap from the die cut sheet forms a border on the inside.  The sentiment is part of the border - with gold scraps taped to each end.

Tags:

With the leftover pieces, I made two tags.  Not knowing for sure what I'll use them for, I decided to wait to stamp a sentiment in the blank spaces. 

No comments: