Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, March 23, 2022

HD A Sparkling Season - Let It Snow Part 2 - Robins

Today I have the rest of the cards I created from the HD A Sparkling Season set called Let It Snow.  This time I was making cards with the Robins.  As a reminder, here are the elements from the set that I used - along with some of the coordinating AS pack that was designed to coordinate with this set:

And here are some of the pages I used from the coordinating 8 x 8 paper pack:


I got 8 cards from the robins portion of this set:

Let's look at each one a little more closely:

Card #1:

As you can see, this card is a slimline.  As I often do, I took pieces of the AS and glued them together to create this card front with border top & bottom.  I added a sentiment that was fussy cut from the 8 x8 papers.

Inside:

Inside I added more of the AS border - and a stamped greeting (Mom's stamp).

Card #2:

This slimline started with a strip of paper cut from a sheet from the 8 x 8 paper pack to which I added a robin cutout (from the same paper pack).  Then I added scraps to make borders.  I found an appropriate greeting in my HD Christmas Little Book of Greetings and matted it with a scrap of red to complete the outside of the card.

Inside:

 

Another matted greeting from the little book is matted on red and attached to the large border (created with another piece of paper from the 8 x 8 pack, along with teal paper & silver holographic paper from my stash.

Card #3:


Card #3 is another slimline.  Once again I took a strip from the 8 x 8 paper pack & added a robin cutout from the same pack.  This time I matted it with some silver holographic paper & added strips of teal from my stash to the top and bottom.  A die cut frame from the set highlights the bird, and I die cut 3 snowflakes from the holographic paper to scatter top/middle/bottom.  A couple more scraps of the holographic "hold" the greeting (another from the HD Little Book of Christmas Sentiments).  Finally, I added tiny Jewel Dazzles to the centers of each snowflake.

Inside:

Scraps of paper & a stamped message (one of Mom's stamps) complete the inside.

Card #4:


This card is the only one in this set that is NOT a Christmas card.  It is instead a birthday card.  The main piece is cut from a sheet from the 8 x 8 paper pack with another piece added at the bottom for the border.  I also added scraps of blue and silver border Dazzles stickers to complete the borders.  The sentiment tag is a cutout from the paper pack. 

Inside:


Inside I simply added scraps from the die cut sheet scraps for borders & a couple of stamped messages (from JustRite's Grand Sentiments, and HOTP Poppy stamps).

Card #5:

This card front was created from one of the 8x8 pages - and the sentiment was fussy cut from one of those as well.  The reddish border is paper from my stash.

Inside:

Inside I have a scrap of the reddish paper and a scrap of the AS from the set to form a border beside the stamped sentiment (another one of Mom's stamps).


Card #6:

This card has an overlapping card front & a "latch" to hold it closed.  The background of the main part of the card front is pieced from scraps of the coordinating papers, while the background of the side piece is from the coordinating AS pack.  The focal is from the set, as is the sentiment.  I made sure to only glue one side of the sentiment to the background so that it could work as a latch by slipping the larger front piece over the smaller, but under the sentiment.

Inside showing flap:

Inside fully opened:

Inside I have a strip of scrap from the die cut sheet to form a bit of a border at the bottom.  A fussy cut robin (from the coordinating 8x8 paper) is sitting on this border.

Card #7:


This background was made using a stencil (All Over Swirls by HOTP) & three colors of Distress inks (Broken China, Faded Jeans, and Pine Needles).  Then I painted Sparkle Paint on the white portions.  You can't tell it here, but in real life it is beautifully sparkly.  The focal was made using a die cut frame (from the set) and some of the 8 x 8 paper pack.  Note that I cut around some of the berries so they would overlap the frame.  The tag is also from the paper pack.  A jewel dazzle forms the tack holding the tag in place.

Inside:


Here is another strip of the stenciled card stock - done the same way and matted with silver holographic paper.  I stamped the sentiment (one of Mom's stamps) using the same three colors of Distress ink.

Card #8:


For the last card from this set, I cut a piece of the AS from the set, heat embossed the edges with glittery/kaleidoscope embossing powder, and added die cuts from the set - frame, focal bird, and sentiment.

Inside:

Here I just have another piece of the AS with a stamped sentiment (another of Mom's).

No comments: